box designer wanted will pay $$ for good plans and advice from a pro

bumpinhooptie

Just what the title says. I want to ad a sw to my 13 KIA optima using a limited amount of space in the trunk. I have a workshop and plenty of woodworking ability so I would like to get plans and advice on a driver. At this point I am interested in either one 10 or 8 inch sub. Please reply or PM me if you have plenty of experience and can help. Or if you can recommend someone, please do.

[quote name='bumpinhooptie']Just what the title says. I want to ad a sw to my 13 KIA optima using a limited amount of space in the trunk. I have a workshop and plenty of woodworking ability so I would like to get plans and advice on a driver. At this point I am interested in either one 10 or 8 inch sub. Please reply or PM me if you have plenty of experience and can help. Or if you can recommend someone, please do.[/QUOTE]
@skdooley ;

Here are some measurements. I should probably start a build thread. But I want to get the right person interested in doing this. That's not to say the few people that did aren't considered. This is basically what I am working with. I only want to give up 1/3 of my trunk space for this. Including gear such as second battery(small one such as an xs750). I don't plan on upgrading my alternator, only big 3 and 4 gauge, possibly a battery isolator, and of course the amp. I would like the amp to look good so was considering putting it behind 3/8 acrylic with a good fan. I want to keep this system under 700 watts. At least for bass.

the overall trunk, never mind the snow.

WP_20141120_001.jpg

This measurement shows the floor starting where the point that the top seat frame folds above. So I would say possibly 15" deep may be my max depth. Ill have to triple check this.

WP_20141120_013.jpg

These next two illustrate 24 inches from trim to trim up top. This is the narrowest measurement reaching to the seat frame.

WP_20141120_020.jpg

WP_20141120_021.jpg

WP_20141120_022.jpg

This measurement shows the height of the forward portion of the deck frame or seat frame. I need to measure the depth of this.

WP_20141120_031.jpg

This shows the rear portion of the back deck. The lowest point is the OEM subwoofer. Removal would be considered if need be.

WP_20141120_034.jpg

Some other shots worth seeing.

WP_20141120_004.jpg

WP_20141120_005.jpg

WP_20141120_006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.