Box/Wall builder in houston tx

Only need 3-4 sheets for a 2 18" wall.
LOL. I have about 7 or 8 into my Jeep and that box can't be more than 14 cube net and the port is nowhere near as large as I'd like AND I wish I could have used a couple more sheets to add another layer to each side, back bottom, and top. It can be tough to get a really solid box for a single 15 out of 2 sheets.

LOL. I have about 7 or 8 into my Jeep and that box can't be more than 14 cube net and the port is nowhere near as large as I'd like AND I wish I could have used a couple more sheets to add another layer to each side, back bottom, and top. It can be tough to get a really solid box for a single 15 out of 2 sheets.
Well I can get a double baffle front with 1 sheet. I made my cut sheets to have the least amount of scrap. 13 cubes net. Double baffle front only took up 1 full sheet.

Well I can get a double baffle front with 1 sheet. I made my cut sheets to have the least amount of scrap. 13 cubes net. Double baffle front only took up 1 full sheet.
From what I've seen, serious wall builds use 5-6 minimum on the baffle. Most of the loud ones I've seen use only the thickness of the baffle for the depth of the port. Mine is 5 and I'd do 6 if space wasn't such a premium.

Such a waste of space with 6 layer baffle. Just use good bracing and you don't need that many layers.

I was told a double baffle will be plenty to hold my 100 pound woofers from Tantric as well as others running these subs. Just as long as I have good bracing. Which I will have steel pipe bracing.

Ill be doing double baffle on the sides for the amps and triple in the front due to the weight and power.

I dont need pole supports since it will only be 2 subs.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

I have been thinking about changing around plans.

Since my main goal is groundpounder daily shouldnt i just build a normal box with 2 18's or even 4.

With 2 18's i should have no problem really moving some air with a changeable port to get low or high.

With the power im going for i could easily do 150's.

Wall builds are starting to look like more of a show off thing if not really needing that much space.

What about Jose at Dip Tex? I know Paul isnt bad of a designer, not sure about builder. And their buddy Jake (LoudLander) can do some nice designs as well.
Jose only does plastidip, but paul is the guy gonna build my wall. In the past hes been really bad on meeting deadlines, but his work is 100%.

Jake just over looks db drives distribution.

In the past i was gonna throw some serious money into diptex to help out a good shop, but they get really distant and previously ran like ****.. Now they seem to be doing better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.