Box/Wall builder in houston tx

So you can't buy the tools you need with the 500$ you'll save by DIY?
i was going to say the same thing.

a motor is not much.

cheaper then $1200 ...

and i to would use a hand circular saw.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

$1200 seems pretty cheap if it's going to be quality work and done right. Considering some shops charge $3-400+ for a "custom" ported box and easily more than $600 in labor for a simple install. (Wires, HU, Amp, etc)
Personally, if I wanted a wall, half the fun would be me building it and knowing that my hard work created it. Paying someone else to do it wouldn't be satisying at all.
im the same way...

do it your self....

Kurt would be pretty close to that price you were quoted, I didn't even think of him and Kyle, your looking for a 2 18" wall correct? I'll ask him what he might want
Yeah but looking to do a switchable port.

So you can't buy the tools you need with the 500$ you'll save by DIY?
i was going to say the same thing.
a motor is not much.

cheaper then $1200 ...

and i to would use a hand circular saw.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

im the same way...

do it your self....
Im not to big on designing boxes and for the motor that died, that was a table saw i had in my workplace, but due to contract agreements partner employees can use it even tho its my property.

To make it short if i buy the motor they wont pay me back for someone elses fukk up. Especially since it costed me 2500$.

Kurt would be pretty close to that price you were quoted, I didn't even think of him and Kyle, your looking for a 2 18" wall correct? I'll ask him what he might want
Theres also damon, but i havent seen a box of his.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

13 sheets of "birch" cost $325.
Only need 3-4 sheets for a 2 18" wall.
$25 bucks a sheet for 3/4 birch ply would be super cheap. Almost $50 a sheet here. That's not taking in to account for 2x4 or other wood you may need for a base, glue, screws etc. I think $300-350 would be a decent estimate in material cost if I were to build a big *** wall.

$25 bucks a sheet for 3/4 birch ply would be super cheap. Almost $50 a sheet here. That's not taking in to account for 2x4 or other wood you may need for a base, glue, screws etc. I think $300-350 would be a decent estimate in material cost if I were to build a big *** wall.
Im on my 3rd 2 18" wall on my car.

Glue is cheap and screws are cheap too.

This was 6 sheets. (all they had at this home depot)

$325 worth

Im on my 3rd 2 18" wall on my car.
Glue is cheap and screws are cheap too.

This was 6 sheets. (all they had at this home depot)

$325 worth

It's $50.97 a sheet here. You're getting birch ply cheaper than I can get MDF. $35 for MDF right now. :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.