Box recommendations?

Zach58

CarAudio.com Newbie
Currently I have a bbox that’s alright but I know my subs(SDR’s) can hit harder than they are. Could anyone tell me if either of these enclosures are worth it? First is $212 and carpeted one is $160. Or does anyone have any other recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_8101.png
    IMG_8101.png
    221.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8100.png
    IMG_8100.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 12
I agree.

If you are willing to build yourself, We may be able to help you with a proper enclosure.
I was actually thinking about building one myself. I just don’t really have that much knowledge when it comes to audio.

The subs are 2 12” Skar SDR’s and the amp is a Skar 1500.1D
I would like the size to be pretty much like those Skar box’s attached. Only because any bigger probably wouldn’t fit in my truck. The height really doesn’t matter tho.

Skar's boxes are not known for quality and many have had them just fall apart after a couple months. Plus the tuning isn't right either.

Best bet is to either build a box yourself with a someone doing you a box design or contact GP as stated above and they can do a design in a glue it and screw it setup where you just have to put it together and then carpet it or stain or paint it.

I have plenty of room even with a 4.5 cubic foot box. Still got 50% room left back there. However after being told today when they were fixing the running board brackets, I was told the rockers are gone behind the running boards...I'm ready to just blow the Explorer up,lol.

I have plenty of room even with a 4.5 cubic foot box. Still got 50% room left back there. However after being told today when they were fixing the running board brackets, I was told the rockers are gone behind the running boards...I'm ready to just blow the Explorer up,lol.
My amps and battery gotta sit where my seat is in order to run my sql's ported in my saturn vue

Vented enclosure: 4.25 ft^3 tuned to 22 Hz. >20 in^2 of port surface area per driver.

It's gonna be a big friggin' box 😳

Would you be shocked that with a 69AH Tractor Supply AGM, 320 amp HO Alternator from J&S, running that Cab-45 or the SIA 3.5k along with either the Pioneer GM-D8604 or the MTX-704 in there even when at full tilt I stay at 14.0-14.7? Because even when it dips it goes right back to 14.7 or 14.8 instantly.

Yeah mine is tuned to 33hz and 4.5 cubic feet for dual 12". And at those specs I'm right in the ballpark for any 12" out there. Which is why when I get the 1k I need it will be a set of one off custom subwoofers from djdillion that can handle that Cab-45 and then some. IIRC the weight comes in at 100lbs per suboofer,lol :eek::eek::cool::love:

If you were local I’d build you a box for 200$. it seems like a ton of people have the Skar SDR. It’s the sub I’ve done boxes for most this year. I’ve seen a few of those skar boxes fall apart. They’ll work ok for the SDR, but I’ve had 2 builds for the Skar evl subs in the last month and both of them had blown panels on the Skar box. If you go with a prefab, get the largest box you can get and set a subsonic filter. The port tuning on those prefab boxes is higher than they advertise. If you’re planning on listening to rebased music or playing low test tones in a prefab box, you’ll blow those SDR subs. Playing under the box port tuning will kill subs.

Bbox's are pretty well built, they’re just Atrends with a 1" thick face. What is the volume of each chamber in the current box? I'd consider keeping the box, getting new subs! NVX makes a pretty darn good 12" dual 2 ohm vc’s vsw122v2 or dual 4ohm vc subs, the vsw124v2. Either option world work in a 1.25 sealed enclosure or a a 1.75 cu ft ported enclosure and you can get 2 for less than or right around $200.00. Check out Parker the BASS head on YouTube, he likes these for good SQ overall in the under $100.00 woofer class.

If you were local I’d build you a box for 200$. it seems like a ton of people have the Skar SDR. It’s the sub I’ve done boxes for most this year. I’ve seen a few of those skar boxes fall apart. They’ll work ok for the SDR, but I’ve had 2 builds for the Skar evl subs in the last month and both of them had blown panels on the Skar box. If you go with a prefab, get the largest box you can get and set a subsonic filter. The port tuning on those prefab boxes is higher than they advertise. If you’re planning on listening to rebased music or playing low test tones in a prefab box, you’ll blow those SDR subs. Playing under the box port tuning will kill subs.
Actuallu using a subsonic filter allows you to usae a smaller box tuned the same as a bigger box or the same box tuned lower "(BASS box pro)". ;)

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...