HARSH MUSIC

nelpastel

CarAudio.com Recruit
Have you found rock and pop music that is inherently harsh, meaning, no matter the quality of your stereo components, and how good it is tuned, this particular songs always sound harsh? I have some examples of this: Dude looks like a Lady (Aerosmith), Angel (Aerosmith), Whole lotta love (Led Zeppelin), Sultans of swing (Dire Straits). When I play these songs I have to turn down the volume, otherwise my ears hurt. Is this normal, or is it a tuning flaw ?

I find that when I place an external Indash EQ, I am able to tune on the fly and clean up just about any song or music. Some recordings are not the best,and some Btooth methods are not the cleanest frequencies transfered ect. But I have found that an external indash crossover has worked at cleaning up anything I listen too.

Have you found rock and pop music that is inherently harsh, meaning, no matter the quality of your stereo components, and how good it is tuned, this particular songs always sound harsh? I have some examples of this: Dude looks like a Lady (Aerosmith), Angel (Aerosmith), Whole lotta love (Led Zeppelin), Sultans of swing (Dire Straits). When I play these songs I have to turn down the volume, otherwise my ears hurt. Is this normal, or is it a tuning flaw ?
I'd say tuning/install flaw. Sultans of Swing is not a harsh sounding song at all - as a matter of fact it's one of the better recorded pop songs around. Try rolling down windows and see if you're catching a reflection of a window. My guess is you have reflection/comb filter due to speaker placement - very difficult if not impossible problem to solve.

Those songs sound fine in my ride.

The steel guitar Mark plays sounds pretty good on mine cranked up high. I am literally jamming Once upon a time in the west by dire straits as we speak. I shall crank it high and see if my ears ring after.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...