Box is too large?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dawid

Poland
Hello there everyone.

I've recently bought an Audio System X-ion 10 Plus subwoofer without any enclosure. I asked some friend to project a box for this sub.

The problem is, after I had built it I realised, that it's (I think) a little bit too big. I have found a manual, and it says, that vented box should be 35 litres and 40Hz. Mine is 44L and 37,9Hz.

http://www.audio-system.de/dokumente/Bauvorschlaege_XION_PLUS.pdf

Does anybody know this subwoofer? Could you tell me if I should make another, smaller box? And finally, if I should build smaller box, please tell me how to keep this 37,9Hz tuning?

Those are schematics for my current box (lenghts in milimeters):

Oh, and sorry for my poor English. I'm from Poland.

Yes, I have tried it. The speaker seems a little bit weak. Excursion is high, but bass is not as powerful as expected. Additionally the gain knob must be at about 70% to hear good bass. Headunit is set properly.

For this speaker I've got Ground Zero 2.500TX

Box actually looks okay for a stronger sub. However the sub you have is more for sound quality so the port needs to be slightly smaller, the airspace should not affect it as much as the port will. Is the subwoofer in a trunk and what direction is it facing?

Yes. The sub is in Seat Leon's trunk facing left side of it. The port is closer to the trunk door.

I listen mostly fast electronic music, but sometimes I like to play some rap or even something like Modern Talking //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Edit

What do you think about this box? Would it be better? 30L, 40Hz:

post-3867-0-54935300-1427734983.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.