Box i built sounds like da fudge

If you are using the proper wood glue, there is NO use for screws once the glue has set. Proper glue would be Titebond 2 or 3, Elmers Professional woodglue or similar.

yeah i know, i used the premium stuff too. it would have been fine but it just used the *screws* to tighten it for the glue to set and i didn't see a need to remove them. didnt have to use that many either but it doesn't matter really.

Last edited by a moderator:
add a couple more boards and you will have a T-Line..........sorry I couldnt resist.....left off my LOL
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
Ya I missed that too lol.. somewhere there is funny? idk..

OP like said before your port is to THIN.. can imagine a LOT of noise..

yeah i know, i used the premium stuff too. it would have been fine but it just used the glues to tighten it for the glue to set and i didn't see a need to remove them. didnt have to use that many either but it doesn't matter really.
Lol I was just kidding.

Ill try la-mans terms here. What happened was when you added that piece to the inside it took away a lot of volume. Remember that your tuning is a variable of your port, which is a variable of the volume. Taking away that much volume changed everything. Also, where you mounted the sub could effect it even more. You typically want it as far from the port opening as possible. If you were to maybe invert the sub, depending on how big it is, it may sound better. That way the displacement of the motor wont be in the way.

Lol I was just kidding.
Ill try la-mans terms here. What happened was when you added that piece to the inside it took away a lot of volume. Remember that your tuning is a variable of your port, which is a variable of the volume. Taking away that much volume changed everything. Also, where you mounted the sub could effect it even more. You typically want it as far from the port opening as possible. If you were to maybe invert the sub, depending on how big it is, it may sound better. That way the displacement of the motor wont be in the way.
lol i know brah. As stated, I just didn't know if RE's calc considered that extra port volume internal or not when describing the chamber volume to be 1.2.. I lost roughly 144in^3 by doing that if the calc didn't consider it to be internal. Even inverting the sub, I wont have near the volume necessary to make the sub sound alright.. I have a tang band 8 that I will put in there to test and see how it sounds. even without 45s in the corners of the port, it surprisingly has no port noise, even playing below tuning when the sub is just fapping (lols). I'll cover the 12" hol and try an 8 instead. we shall see how it sounds.

thanks for the offer man but I don't really need a custom design for any specific sub. I just built this out of boredom with spare wood that was laying in the back of a truck we don't drive. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.