Box Help!

dunerider650
10+ year member

If anyone could chime in about my box to see if its good or not...would be appreciated. internal net volume is 2.163 the port is a slot port and when it comes into the equation my volume turns into 1.938...as to why it gets lower im not sure. The port measures as follows W=13.5" H=2.5" D=11.5" Comes out to a volume of 388.125 Inches 3 seems weird???? What would this box be tuned to????? Help please guys.

If anyone could chime in about my box to see if its good or not...would be appreciated. internal net volume is 2.163 the port is a slot port and when it comes into the equation my volume turns into 1.938...as to why it gets lower im not sure. The port measures as follows W=13.5" H=2.5" D=11.5" Comes out to a volume of 388.125 Inches 3 seems weird???? What would this box be tuned to????? Help please guys.
'
The 388.125 cubic inches is the volume your port takes up within the enclosure, it should not be accounted for for the internal net volume. This is why it is saying 1.938. That is the 2.163 cubic feet minus the 388.125 cubic inches (aka .22 cubic feet).

1.943 would be my box volume then. Thanks. Its a bit bigger than recommended size from Alpine 1.4 or 1.8 but close to 1.8. Just one more thing i cant figure out my port...i got the measurements but cant figure out what it would be tuned to or if its even close to being the right size. Its a custom made box which had the type x in it when i got it....box is really thick 1" and its made very very well just not sure it he did the port right or not. Doesn't sound as loud as it should.

its getting 1000 watts rms of power from an alpine amp forget model number older v12 model. Sub is an Alpine type X 12" DVC 4OHM. Wired to amp for 2 ohm which the v12 amp puts out 1000rms have the pos to pos and neg to neg on sub then ran to amp for 2 ohm.

Ahhh!!! Thank u. :) didn't know this! I knew that first thing I said, but no one ever explained the rest to me. Haha
Noobs ITT. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif Anyway, 1.9 cubes is pretty small for a 12" Type X. I know what the specs say but They say 1.75 max. for the Type R and I always thought about 2.5 cubes was good. That X should be bangin' regardless....

Noobs ITT. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif Anyway, 1.9 cubes is pretty small for a 12" Type X. I know what the specs say but They say 1.75 max. for the Type R and I always thought about 2.5 cubes was good. That X should be bangin' regardless....
Be nice. :p

If it was anyone but you I would've been probably been a lot more rude. Lol! It's all good... Gotta learn this stuff somehow right?
Haha thanks!!! And yes! I'm glad someone tld me or else I woulda just went about thinking the wrong thing and telling people wrong shi*t forever! Lol

Haha thanks!!! And yes! I'm glad someone tld me or else I woulda just went about thinking the wrong thing and telling people wrong shi*t forever! Lol
You got it... Impedance is kind of a tough thing to understand at first till you start looking at wiring diagrams and shit. When are your new subs coming btw? Or have they come?

You got it... Impedance is kind of a tough thing to understand at first till you start looking at wiring diagrams and shit. When are your new subs coming btw? Or have they come?
Andrew at vertex told me they r shipping out tomorrow! I'm insanely pumped to get them. The anxiety is driving me up a wall already!!! Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.