Box placement in F250 For Sundown Z v.2 12!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

screwgreen
10+ year member

MS
So I had my Sundown Z v.2 12 dual 2ohm in my old f150 under the backseat in a 1.8 cu ft. box after all subtractions and a 4inch aero tuning the box to 32hz. I traded that truck for my current 2000 F250 Extended Cab, and I kept my sub. I have no clue how or where I can get this Z in this truck. Under the back seat is only 6inches tall and my armrests get in the way of a bigger console. I want it to be nice (like my old truck). Not just a box setting on top of the backseat. Here is pics of the interior.

20121023_162911.jpg

20121023_162905.jpg

20121023_162855.jpg

Do you need the whole back seat? Maybe use half of it for sub/amp area. Or ditch it completely? I would think that sub likes a bigger box anyway.

I think box recommendation is like 1.5-2cubes. Yeah, honestly I want to take the backseat out and go bigger, but I need it.

I think box recommendation is like 1.5-2cubes. Yeah, honestly I want to take the backseat out and go bigger, but I need it.
Look around on here, but I'm pretty sure that sub wants more airspace. That may be what they recommend, but not what's best based on actual user testing. IIRC, that sub will like around 2.5~3 cubes. But again, I don't have firsthand experience with that sub, so either do a search or ask one of the box builders.

You're not going to do anything under the seat, so you're not left with many options. Do you need the seat for people or to put stuff on? If it's only for storage, then you could build a box in the foot area. But if it's for people, well, you might have to rip out the middle console in between the seats and build something there.

I need the backseat for people. Honestly, I want to do a console box, but I still don't know if there is enough airspace there.

[quote name='screwgreen']I need the backseat for people. Honestly, I want to do a console box, but I still don't know if there is enough airspace there.[/QUOTE]

Not too sure you have many other options.

Contact a couple box builders and see what they might be able to come up with. @pro\-rabbit ;

take the console as close to the dash and far back against reas seat as you can and downfire it port to front seen one like that at car shop near me and it slammed

Doing a large console would be the easiest for the most part. Might take some glass work though.

The next idea would be to build a rear seat riser to lift it up to get clearance.

The next idea would be to ditch the stock back seat and build and enclosure/seat combo. I have done this several times and it works great.

I agree with Pro-Rabbit with the two rear seat ideas or you can build a center console enclosure......I done this one a while back for an SPL 12" sub in an F-250.......complete with cup holders....sub was down fire and port out the back......customer gave me great feedback on its look and sound...

0509121701.jpg

0509121701a.jpg

0429121247.jpg

Doing a large console would be the easiest for the most part. Might take some glass work though.
The next idea would be to build a rear seat riser to lift it up to get clearance.

The next idea would be to ditch the stock back seat and build and enclosure/seat combo. I have done this several times and it works great.
Do you have any pics of a setup like that? Enclosure/seat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.