Box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

GrindFrog
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright i'm going to lowes to pick up two 4'x8' sheets of mdf, caulk, and screws. I've never built a box before, so can you help me out a little please. It will eventually be housing two 12" incriminator dps, but for right now it's going to just going to hold my aq 12", and my rockford p3 (wont be powered just to take up a 12" cutout). I imagine it will be around five to six cubes because I have a 87 mustang hatchback it's going in, and im filling the whole trunk with it. I know I need a jigsaw, but how would I cut the circles perfectly for the woofers (and aero or octo ports). Also what type of screws should I get? One last question is do I need port chanels if I aero/octo port? Thanks.

Before you do any cutting, do you have a design in mind? Because I seen yur thread about wanting to be louder so I just want to check if you have a design in mind yet. If not, ill help you with the design idea if you want.

I dont have a design yet, atleast not for the inside of the box, Ill draw up some pics for the ideal outside just as maybe a start. But Im broke if you charge for box designs man =/
I do for the full design, but can still help a ittle for numbers and such, like proper port area and compression area if you like for no charge. Just wanna help. I like to help others get something better than they have. We can keep it all posted here if you like or pm me either way. I can help generally to get you started at least.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.