box help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeepintn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
whatsup guys? im new to the forum, but i have been in car audio for a few years now as an amatuer. well, after building around 20 boxes, all of them sealed, im ready to build myself a ported box. i have two '04 kicker L7 15's, with a us 2000x powering them. the box i have them in right now is in my opinion too small to get the most out of them, its 7.75 cubic feet, port and all included. ok, so i have a few seperate questions...

1. will it make a big enough difference to build a bigger box to go through it?

2. i have reviewed kickers recommendations for their boxes and sizes, and im wondering which one i should try if any.... street bass? SPL deep bass?

3. should i chamber off each speaker and give each its own port, or have them play into a common area with one common port?

4. should the subs face the back? up? i think i read subs facing up and port to the back?

thanks for any help, i just wanna get the most out of these that i can. and if it helps, i like SQ, but im really a loud junkie. the louder the better, haha.

and last thing, its going into a 2003 jeep grand cherokee if that helps.

You never replied to my PM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.