box for typeR

emd2260
10+ year member

NY
just ordered my SWR-1242D. need a box...going into an 01 taurus...max dimensions roughly 38"W 30"D and the height is iffy,

my trunk goes from around 22" toward the back, front? (closer to the bumper) and drops to around 17" in the middle and 13"ish by the rear seats, not too picky on SQ or SPL....

thanks to anyone who has time to reply

heres a picture if my explaining isnt quite up to par:fro:

well, i guess whatever is cheapest hahaha:laugh:

i've never built a box or even installed a system before...but my dad is quite the craftsman so..i think we could manage building it ourselves, if it would be cheaper, what do you think?

It would be a lot cheaper to build your own. Thats if you have the tools, time, and determination. It sounds like you will have the tools, and a knowledgeable person to help with the build, so I would go for it.

So if your looking for a design, hit up chris@fishercustoms.com. He can help you out.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm thinking about getting rid of my POS setup really soon, and switching over to typeR's, and if someone could do a quick box for me, that's be awesome.

32 wide x 14-15 high x whatever deep, tuned to maybe 33-36, and obviously ported.

Also, if I get two 12" typeR's, at 500 RMS and 1500 peak, will I be able to power them with the generic 2000W amp I have right now? Atm it's powering two 12" dual 4 ohm audiobahns that run at 400 rms, 800 peak. Would I just be handicapping the typeR's if I ran them through this amp?

what amp? brand and model.
Here's a link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AUDIOBAHN-AW1251T-12-SUBS-2000W-AMP-SUB-BOX-NEW_W0QQitemZ300103694355QQihZ020QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mdamp.jpg

It's not an audiobahn amp, but yeah, I'm pretty sure it *****.

OK! Now. What amp should I get to power two 12" typeRs?

We're talking like...300 absolute max here.
ahh. misread your first post. you had bahn subs. above poster listed a good budget amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.