Participant count
  • Participant list

schackel
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a sundown nightshade 18".

I need a box design!

Sub up port back.

Double baffle on top. but it does not need to be sunk in because i am to lazy to do that.

---i am not sure how big i should go or what to tune to????

I have a chevy suburban. so not really any restrictions on dementions.

im here but to bad i work from 5 to 10:30 tonight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

im thinking about 6ft^3 @ around 39-40hz would do this thing justice. hey if you want i can just throw a sketchup file togethar and send it to you FOR FREE!!!!!!!

what side you want the port on?

Is 6 cubes enough for a 18? I thought it was closer to 8. Although, to be honest, it really depends, you'd want it smaller for SPL. Is this a competition built/tuned box? Or are you going for more of a daily ground pounder? That would be the main determining factor as to how large the box is and what it is tuned to.

Is 6 cubes enough for a 18? I thought it was closer to 8. Although, to be honest, it really depends, you'd want it smaller for SPL. Is this a competition built/tuned box? Or are you going for more of a daily ground pounder? That would be the main determining factor as to how large the box is and what it is tuned to.
daily gound pounder/shake my car apart box.

The nightshade only needs 5 cubes tuned to 32-36hz I have a set of them tuned to 36hz and sounds great however for daily the 32hz tuning sounded way better..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.