Box design questions

No not at all lol. I'm probably going to find a cool geeky fabric and cover it so I wanted to make sure it was together good. I will sand it down make sure everything is flush and rounded but I was bound and determined it was going in the car before I left for work today
Yea my kid hit it or sat on it. I'm not sure it happened while I was at work. Neither the shop vac or the rainbow would pull it out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
looks great.. da*n u.. y u didn't make me 1 man? my box was shipped today..

Great idea!! I didn't think about either. I was going to see maybe a lil crazy glue and a q tip or I also read a bent needle but that's like a last resort option.
rainbow couldn't get it., pretty strong., i used to sell those lol..

Great idea!! I didn't think about either. I was going to see maybe a lil crazy glue and a q tip or I also read a bent needle but that's like a last resort option.
i read review of ddx guy said same thing happened to dust cap., though it was a weird complaint at the time but maybe it's a problem with skar caps..

i read review of ddx guy said same thing happened to dust cap., though it was a weird complaint at the time but maybe it's a problem with skar caps..
Nah my kid hit it or did something one day when I wasn't home. Looks like he sat on it lol. But in all fairness the sub weighs more than him.

*sigh* have you ever bought a speaker or a sub brand new with a crushed or punched in dustcap? Someone did it deliberatly. They never ship from the mfgr like that.

*sigh* have you ever bought a speaker or a sub brand new with a crushed or punched in dustcap? Someone did it deliberatly. They never ship from the mfgr like that.
amazon review said he barely touched it or something like that, read it months ago and thought that don't effect sound.. but he just complained about dust cap..

amazon review said he barely touched it or something like that, read it months ago and thought that don't effect sound.. but he just complained about dust cap..
You believe him? Matter of fact, you believe everything you read? Because people lie...WE don't know what he actually did to it.

I didn't ask about my subs I asked about the box.
1. I got them for a steal

2. I've personally heard them and for the money it's not to be beat

3. I get the owner is said to be a douche...I don't really care lol

they where a steal because they are junk. lol

Box looks good.

One thing to double check before you carpet/finish is the outside port wall. On a box set up like that it can flex. Try to feel it when it's playing and make sure it's staying rigid, or you may want to add a dowel in the center to brace it or double layer it. I've seen that part of a box be a weak link myself.

Finished my box and got it in today. I was impressed with the difference it made going from my 3 jl w0-8 10s to the ddx 15. Snug fit too. I think I'm going to remove the factory sub from the back panel for a "port" to inside the cab.
e4c4e18d119e443487fa28a13a3a6bde.jpg
eda2361cc1414b1aba75df37f16f3da9.jpg
797df8dc16a9c4aa73703738b54ebb55.jpg
63e4b476942112efff5231bf0a76e5ce.jpg
7e4329eb7fc27f82c98babd5ab688927.jpg
022547f5160592719a2e69f214114017.jpg

looks pretty good!!

Not afraid to use screws are ya lol.
I would corner round the edges....give it more towards a more professional look to it.

I also noticed the dustcap got punched in...take a shop vac stick it on there and see if it pulls out.
screws ftw!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.