Box Design Please

Participant count
  • Participant list

dacheatham
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Thanks in advance for the help. Looking for a fun daily driver. Geared more for the lows.

Vehicle : 2011 Durango

Location in the vehicle:behind 2nd row

Space available (Length x Width x Height):26 deep, 42 wide, 23 height

Subwoofer make and model:FU 1250 FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio

Subwoofer Size:18

Number of Subwoofers:2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.):Slot or aero

What type of music do you like?: The usual..rap, decaf

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday music/lows

Tuning Freq (Hz):28

Volume : Need 4.5 each

Amp - Wolfram 3000.1 at 0.5 (4K or so)

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Frank they will do well in 4.5 each. 10.8 less .52(speaker displacement)= 10.28. 1.25 of port displacement should get me very close to 30, maybe a little lower, leaving right at 9 cubes net. I am just not sure if that is enough area for the port. I could go a couple of inches deeper if that would help it out.

Looking at it again, seems like I am definitely too small on the port area. Gonna add a couple of inches in depth and height.

Per Frank they will do well in 4.5 each. 10.8 less .52(speaker displacement)= 10.28. 1.25 of port displacement should get me very close to 30, maybe a little lower, leaving right at 9 cubes net. I am just not sure if that is enough area for the port. I could go a couple of inches deeper if that would help it out.
Looking at it again, seems like I am definitely too small on the port area. Gonna add a couple of inches in depth and height.
i may sound great but he tends to give smallish box recs.. my friend has 1250 15 in a 4.7cf ad (or so) ported box in a truck on cab 1600 he was here few days ago i actually heard him 2 full mins before i saw him.. now he got that box cheap af i found it for him and said that's close as you will get cheap., even i think it maybe tad big i'd say 4cf for 15 but that means 5-6cf for a 18.. louie on here made awesome box for 2 1250 15's it came out 10.88 cf ad.. will it work?, sure but if u gonna suffocate them u shoulda just got 15's in same box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.