Box Design options for 2 8" Sundown E8V3 @ 33hz

Participant count
  • Participant list

carshateme
10+ year member

Flint, Mi
I mostly make my boxes, but this time I'm doing something I've never touched. I want to do a bandpass box because a lot of people are saying a ported box is a bad idea for what I have in mind. (Ported would work perfect if I want to ride with my back seats down 24/7, but I don't want to do that.) Basically I'm asking for programs to use for a bandpass design. I've never build a band pass box, but I do have a lot of cool designs in mind that include alot of lighting and pexiglass

Vehicle : 2011 Dodge Challenger SE (2 Door)

Location in the vehicle: In the trunk

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 32"wide x 15"high x 13"deep

Subwoofer make and model: Sundown Audio E8 V.3

Subwoofer Size: 8"

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Aero (This port will be going out of the factory 8" sub hole and the available space between the floor and the hole is 21"; so 16" max. for a 4" port)

What type of music do you like?: Mostly Dubstep, techno, and Decaf music. (All variety except country)

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: SPL (Everyday music)

Tuning Freq (Hz): 32-35hz (33hz is my favorite tuning preference)

Volume : 1 - 1.25 cub, Anywhere between that amount is good.

The reason why the depth of the box is so small is due to the fact that I'm trying to keep it to where I can still access my battery AND spare tire. If you look closely enough at the second picture below you can see the crease in the trunk, that piece folds upwards which lifts the carpet up and exposes my spare tire and battery. I'm trying to keep the box behind that point. I actually have 17" of depth to play with, but I also want to have a fake wall to close off the whole box so I have a place to put my amps and show them off. The fake wall is going to contain 2 amps and a couple LED lights and LED computer fans blowing air and pulling air out of the area. There will be a pexi glass over the amps, that's the fans purpose: to keeping the amps cooled. ( A little too much, probably. But I'm trying to go for a nice clean install build for this car )

Everything will be bolted down and if needed, I will have to add a fake floor.

Pictures of the trunk:

imag0018rb.jpg

imag0019hg.jpg

Okay, plans changed. I need help with a box with a slotted port, Sub and port facing forward. 33hz. Around 1-1.5cubes. I can't seem to get anywhere near close without throwing the port area way off or the tuning off. Need help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.