Box design help

Participant count
  • Participant list

KyleBechtold
5,000+ posts

Quit reading this
Hey this is a pretty bad sketch but it wash in paint so forgive me..

I will try to explain it some first

far left is an outside wall

the next wall is the end of the enclosure.. it will have two 3" aeros firing into a loading wall that is 5"s away which is the next wall

now then is that an appropriate loading wall? should I square off the loading wall or can I keep the the same triangle shape as the rest of the box? I plan on tuning at 35hz as I was told the loading wall can help me still hit the lower frequencies.. Is this a good plan bad design? its the first box I have ever designed at all so help would be great..

box_design.jpg

square is 3x20x43 = 1.49

triangle 9x20x43/2= 2.24

3/4" wood disp

1.19 disp

-.37 back wall

-.22 bottom

-.41 front wall

-.08 both side wall triangles

-.05 both side wall squares

-.06 top

2.54 after displacement of the wood.. correct me if I am wrong..

Wall dimensions

back 20x43

top 3x43

front 22x43

bottom 12x43

side triangles 20x9 x2

side squares 3x20 x2

can't find subs but if I did

5.25 mounting depth x area of magnet diameter(6.25)x 4 of em

I get .37 for all 4..

so thats 2.17 after displacement before ports...

1/2" wood

.78 disp

b .25

t .04

f .27

b .15

st .05

ss .02

thats approximately the box.. 1/2 I understand is probably not ideal.. but I am thinking do that and run some all thread for bracing..

Drawing of new dimensions.. the max distance is edge of sub to outside wall.. distance to port opening will be smaller obviously.. is this enough room?

box2.jpg

The question on the bottom is, somewhere between the subs and the ports should I put something or is it fine just shooting right into the port?

and those are 4" aeros now sorry

Really long/skinny box can act like a line.. I would speak the subs out from the picture, not that you could mount them that way due to depth anyway.

I just skimmed over but its obviously a truck box? Fire into the passenger side a few inches away and youre good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.