Box design for American bass XR-12D2

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hifonics Brutus BRX1116.1D @ 1ohm for now till i can get another sub if i decide i want more. And Shredder I reckon see what we can come with in the 2-2.25 range at 30-35 like Kush was suggesting. And for ports which is better slot or aero? Does it even matter? Just curios. Aero ports look **** especially dual ports except the ones that stick out the box....whats the point of them sticking out? Is that second box 2.75cf? I dont know if im reading the stats right or not.....Thats all alien to me lol
Thats a big slot port for 1200 after rise... idk if I trust it... your call

Its 2.75 net tuned to 33hz

Ok finally had a chance to go get a sheet of mdf and talked to a couple of people with the XRs and I did some more thinking and measuring and the box would be better for me if it was about 15" deep 15" tall and how ever long for 2.25-2.50cf at 33-35hz.

I have it in a 2.0cf that was built for the mtx thunder...dont know what its tuned to but its louder than both mtx thunders but you can tell it dont like the mtx box. Gonna try it in a 1cf sealed box just cause i have one laying around.

This is 4ft3 net tuned to 33hz... would you like to see more?

suzRcA.jpg

Well, lemme know when you get the second sub then... I got that one all ready. As for a single sub, try Torres box calculator or Explicit Audio Ultimate Car Audio app, and look for 2ft3 net, around 28in2 ported to 33hz. I'm sure you can figure out the program pretty easily... good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...