Box design for (2) Orion Hcca 12's

Participant count
  • Participant list
Whats up guys, i have (2) Orion Hcca 12.4 subs that I am contemplating paying to get a custom box built for because it all seems so confusing.. but if you guys can help me it could save me some serious cash!! i see everyone on youtube and everywhere else running these subs in huge boxes, yet the manufacturer suggests 1.5^3 feet for just one subs and that seems awfully small for a sub that weighs 80 pounds and puts out 2000+ wrms?!

heres what im working with. I have room for max dimensions of.... 42" wide.. 25" high.. 31" deep

I am prefering to have a ported box but i dont even know where to start or how to tune or what to tune to... anyone car to help? it will be much appreciated!!

You see a huge box but a lot of the volume in those boxes is occupied by the sub(s), the port(s) and the bracing. Orion's recommendations are net volume, not gross volume and while 1.5 cubes for a 12 is on the small side, it isn't too small for a high powered driver that can move a lot of air.

What are you trying to accomplish? SPL only, SQL or SQ? And, do you have an idea of what sort of ports you want to use?

You have more than enough space for those subs so whatever your goals are, box size won't be in the way of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.