t line enclosure

I got a pair of rf p1's and I wanna see how these suckers will do in a t line with low power, I came across t lines and want to experiment with them

Another advantage of ¼ wave transmission lines is that they're super easy to calculate. Of course, that's offset by the difficulty in designing the box to fit in your vehicle but on balance, I think it's well worth the difficulty.

They play well throughout the sub bass region and normally extend to about one octave below driver Fs before going -3dB... which is super low compared with the response of a conventional ported enclosure tuned in the low 30s.

Drivers with a Qts above 7 and a Qes below 4 are best suited for them but any sub will perform its best in a t-line.

Here are some resources on them:

Transmission Line Speakers

Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design

Here are a few I've built:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/587392-jbl-gto-10-%BC-wave-t-line.html

Another advantage of ¼ wave transmission lines is that they're super easy to calculate. Of course, that's offset by the difficulty in designing the box to fit in your vehicle but on balance, I think it's well worth the difficulty.
They play well throughout the sub bass region and normally extend to about one octave below driver Fs before going -3dB... which is super low compared with the response of a conventional ported enclosure tuned in the low 30s.

Drivers with a Qts above 7 and a Qes below 4 are best suited for them but any sub will perform its best in a t-line.

Here are some resources on them:

Transmission Line Speakers

Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design

Here are a few I've built:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/587392-jbl-gto-10-%BC-wave-t-line.html

I've always heard that T-lines usually will give you far and away the highest output, it's just a pain in the *** to build them lol

I've always heard that T-lines usually will give you far and away the highest output, it's just a pain in the *** to build them lol
Depends on what you mean by build. The actual build process is no more difficult than a properly constructed ported box but, designing them to fit in a vehicle can be a challenge, given that a line for a small sub with an Fs of 30Hz will be about 9' long.

And calculating one can be done with a simple, garden variety calculator... no software needed.

can you sacrifice length for depth in any way? and i see the 8 inch type r has a T-line box alpine created for it..i heard amazing things of that type r in that box..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.