box design for 12" mach 5 ixl

You forgot depth.
I'm guessing he is restricted to those dimensions as far as width and height. I would assume depth can be manipulated to achieve needed volume.

And sorry kyle, sometimes I phail and reading. I read "box" and then read "winnipeg" and just thought, "****, that's gonna be hella expensive to ship."

I'm guessing he is restricted to those dimensions as far as width and height. I would assume depth can be manipulated to achieve needed volume.
And sorry kyle, sometimes I phail and reading. I read "box" and then read "winnipeg" and just thought, "****, that's gonna be hella expensive to ship."

You still need a maximum, just in case.

Depth shouldn't be an issue with having the box 30" wide and only having a single 12
Read above.

okay then 15-16" for depth.

its okay nick haha yeah shipping would be stupid i just need a couple

designs as mine is junk but it is only my first box for the driver so first box shouldnt

be perfect right off the hop.

okay then 15-16" for depth.its okay nick haha yeah shipping would be stupid i just need a couple

designs as mine is junk but it is only my first box for the driver so first box shouldnt

be perfect right off the hop.
Is 15-16" what you'd like to make it, or actual max from back seat to the back wall of the trunk. Because you need to have a minimum space between the port and a solid wall which is equal to the width of the port itself. So for example, if 16" is the max you can use, and the port is 3" wide, the box itself can only be 13" deep for port loading purposes.

no the number is a random number i just said, the depth doesnt matter at all, and

all the boxes ive made have been aroun 15" deep. right now with my box in my trunk at 14 or 15" depth (cant remember) i have about maybe 15" inches to the opening of the trunk. amp will also be mounted on back of the box

Alright, here's the design with all dimensions and whatnot.

With sub installed, it'll come out to 1.8 cubes at 33Hz just as recommended by Mach 5.

30" wide

14" tall

14" deep

kyleorsini.jpg

kyleorsini2.jpg

kyleorsini3.jpg

The bottom and top are both 30" by 14"

All the other dimensions for length of the walls are shown in the first pic and they are all 12 1/2" tall.

Good luck with the build and please post pics and/or vids when it's done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

the box is done finally. all hooked up and just gotta see how it sounds.

heres a couple pics and yes im aware the amp is mounted upside down.

a2aigw.jpg

2hd2nvl.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.