Box design conflict

Addictive Audio 15v4. The design I got from PWK, was approx 5.6 cubes each, but it was a design for 2 woofers. There is a BIG difference in the volume between the 2, which brings up my concern.

Dont know, its hard for me to justify someone else making a box that I can build, unless, like for RT boxes, my cost for materials, is a little less than I get charged for a complete and carpeted box. His blue prints are really reasonable, and they work great. I am just nervous about the results with "modifying" the prints I got,. since they were for 2 woofers and I will be running 1. we will see, my box is almost finished.

Man, that PWK design looks sweet. That's a dual reflex, uni-planar, split quadrant port with angular air restriction suppressors within the port.

IE: a pretty normal ported box.

Man, that PWK design looks sweet. That's a dual reflex, uni-planar, split quadrant port with angular air restriction suppressors within the port.

IE: a pretty normal ported box.
lmao, seems to be true for most of his boxes. If i were doing an SQ install, i would consider going to him, after doing 4 or so boxes by myself first, but i like designing boxes, have had some success with it for myself and a few others, so i cant justify spending that kinda cash on the design for a regular ol ported box that has 3 letters on the design that make it cost more.

quick EDIT: Not bashing Pete or his designs. Man is a genius when it comes to enclosure design, just seems people get stupid drooling over all the little things that may/may not be needed.

It was worth it for me because I have not built a system with woofer(s) to this caliber, so I don't want to experiment with it. plus, the materials for 2 boxes, to "guess and check" is equal to 1 set of blueprints and 1 box. I just haven't built enough, "heavy hitter" boxes to be able to throw my own together. It is built now, and I will be putting up some pics and vids in the next few days.it is LOUD!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.