Box Confirmation please

Thanks for confirming everything!

I just got a length of 4" pvc pipe for free!! Woot!

I found a couple youtube vids flaring the ends of the tubes...

(But I have access to a 3D printer... so I might have a little fun with that!

As a small side question, anyone know the reasoning behind the different vent lengths between round and slotted ports?

It boggles my mind that there is a x3 difference between the two port openings.

Thanks for confirming everything!
I just got a length of 4" pvc pipe for free!! Woot!

I found a couple youtube vids flaring the ends of the tubes...

(But I have access to a 3D printer... so I might have a little fun with that!

As a small side question, anyone know the reasoning behind the different vent lengths between round and slotted ports?

It boggles my mind that there is a x3 difference between the two port openings.
idk if it's 3x 4" port is more than 4" sq.. round starts at 7" slotted starts at 12" per cf of net air space., prefab i have has under 12sq in per cf sounds great but u can mess up sub playing like to that too long and most cases it kills sub output.. idk y round can be smaller other than the less port the air touches the better., as in if u had 1" w x 20" high port it would be better to do 3x6.5" because air wouldn't "touch" as much of the sides of port.. i'm sure others can say it better.. u don't want to small port but also don't want to much i think i'd been better off with .25" less width on mine (box in avatar)

ok looks like it subtracted port and sub so yeah should be good depends which sub u going with rf or pioneer will work.. let me argue for the pioneer 3003 for 1 min it's 600rms i ran 900 to mine for months in a prefab box, it has dual spiders!!, took months to get mine broken in good but i don't drive much only comes in d4 so (i don't remember what amp u got but it will wire to 2 ohm).. i now have fu 750 peeps run well over 1k to them forever bragg about how loud they are i got $160 custom box 36hz 30" sq (port box is very nice looking) nice bracing inside no louder than the $75 pioneer in the $67 prefab box., now with more power it would be but same power it ain't (plays deeper but it weighs 36 pounds too so it should) just sayin', i'd be shocked if p3 is louder for more $..

Gramps you're completely ignorant to the fact that he said the RF is bought and is on the way.

On top of that you're saying that a RF P3 won't be any louder than a 150w Walmart Pioneer.

Go check your amp and make sure it's not too hot and make sure nothing needs reglued.

edit:

As a small side question, anyone know the reasoning behind the different vent lengths between round and slotted ports?It boggles my mind that there is a x3 difference between the two port openings.

Round ports are more efficient and don't need as large of an opening. If you convert a round port to the equivalent size in square inches of a slot port then you will see that the lengths are actually the same.

Gramps you're completely ignorant to the fact that he said the RF is bought and is on the way.

On top of that you're saying that a RF P3 won't be any louder than a 150w Walmart Pioneer.

Go check your amp and make sure it's not too hot and make sure nothing needs reglued.

edit:

Round ports are more efficient and don't need as large of an opening. If you convert a round port to the equivalent size in square inches of a slot port then you will see that the lengths are actually the same.
u may need to check specs on that pioneer ya'll love to put down.. i didn't see he order rf already and yeah i really doubt it's louder, as i say this fu isn't and it's supposed to be wayy better than the rf right?

That FU would have been louder if you would have gotten dual 2 ohm instead of 4 ohm....but somebody was scared of electrical issues. Rise plays a big factor too.

That FU would have been louder if you would have gotten dual 2 ohm instead of 4 ohm....but somebody was scared of electrical issues. Rise plays a big factor too.
it feels deep and sub looks like it's being pushed good.. almost seems like the bigger box is blocking the bass from coming into cabin.. i faced sub forward sounded great in yard but weird thing is when i drive down the road it's 1/2 as loud.. guess i'll remove rear speakers in a couple weeks after surgery like i shoulda done while ago and see if that lets some more bass into car..

sorry op didn't see u had rf already.. remember u can let port stick out as far as u want so make port longer than u need u can cut some off later, just leave few inches clear on both ends of port..

Port stick out of the box....yeah that's great advice not to mention looks pretty ridiculous. Need a long port length, then do a librynth style enclosure. I've made a few.

it feels deep and sub looks like it's being pushed good.. almost seems like the bigger box is blocking the bass from coming into cabin.. i faced sub forward sounded great in yard but weird thing is when i drive down the road it's 1/2 as loud.. guess i'll remove rear speakers in a couple weeks after surgery like i shoulda done while ago and see if that lets some more bass into car..

wtf? lmao

Port stick out of the box....yeah that's great advice not to mention looks pretty ridiculous. Need a long port length, then do a librynth style enclosure. I've made a few.
yeah it does look silly i've done them but u can test diff tuning that way easily.. and he already got the pipe..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.