box concept

Subs flushed, and ports rounded

uboatdetail.png

thanks for all the replies, I was kinda unsure my self about the clam shell design.

bump.

update on the amp,

uboat_backlit.png

I decided to mount the amp on some sanded plexi glass (per pro-rabbit's recommendation) and illuminate that, so it would appear to glow.

It's hard to see, but there is a gap between the fore-most ring around the amp and the angled sheet, I'll probably end up putting those flexible LED strips in the crack there.

this is pretty much the finished design though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looks good, I will get back with you on some other options for the plexi idea tomorrow. I have some pressing issues that I have to deal with tonight, so I won't be on long enough.

Looks good, I will get back with you on some other options for the plexi idea tomorrow. I have some pressing issues that I have to deal with tonight, so I won't be on long enough.
haha, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Redid the pods, i cleaned up the inside design so it's easier to build, and in consequence, the pods got smaller.

Not that you can tell, but recalculated the tuning so it's 33hz instead of 35m not a huge deal

stubby_uboat.png

I'd like to hear your explanation for this. I'm not saying your wrong, I don't know if it will or not, but I'd like to know the physics reasoning behind this. I would think two sound waves traveling straight at each other would cancel each other out. Now maybe if you wired the subs our of phase that would be different...
It's called constructive interference:fro:

So why the funky design? I don't understand your space restrictions...
Its going into the back of a ford explorer. The weird shape is the box going over the wheel well cut outs in the cargo area.

I wanted to do a showey style of amp display so it all worked pretty well.

im thinking about a similar build not sure if i should fire in like that or up. so let us know how it turns out
Well firing at each other increases the stress on the subs, but they will be louder. Firing up would be like firing any other way i guess

I'll say this: usually simple boxes sound better and louder.
I redid the internals, it's actually very simple on the inside now, i'll take screencaps and post them when i get on my computer (im on my phone)

I appreciate it Better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think this would look ****** with the subs inverted. I don't normally like the look of inverted setups, but something about your design makes me think it could look cool with the right subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.