Box build for Toyota Mr2 ... 2 8"s

bonesninja
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Lima, Ohio
Build for Xyxyll for his MR2. One box is finished ...still need to make the other one

Box01.jpg

IMG00049.jpg

IMG00043.jpg

IMG00044.jpg

IMG00051.jpg

IMG00050.jpg

IMG00047.jpg

DSC02766.jpg

DSC02765.jpg

Nice carpet design!

It's weird, ever since I made a thread a week or so back about MR2's, they've been popping up everywhere. Where's the rest of the build?!

looks nice. is that birch?
no its actually mdf with oak veneer.....they ran out of the smaller sheets of MDF and i didn't have a truck available to score full sheets

btw...it doesn't show but the holes in the side pieces are from where i screwed the end piece together so i could use one for a pattern with my router and flush trim bit. I filled the holes in afterwards with glue/MDF dust mixture.

which MR2 does he have?
Nice carpet design!
It's weird, ever since I made a thread a week or so back about MR2's, they've been popping up everywhere. Where's the rest of the build?!
The MR2 is a 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo. Unfortunately I lost all my pictures of the car when my server died, but it's quite a beauty. The build includes a Pioneer FH-P8000BT head unit, a pair of 5.25in CDT CL-52s with the EX-560 crossovers, two Pioneer TS-SW841D subs, and an Alpine PDX-4.100 powering everything.

btw...it doesn't show but the holes in the side pieces are from where i screwed the end piece together so i could use one for a pattern with my router and flush trim bit. I filled the holes in afterwards with glue/MDF dust mixture.
i do the same thing with a flushtrim, but i just use a clamp and move it as necessary, i use to do the same but found this easier

You are getting quite a lot of practice building enclosures for 8's lately.
yup...yours went out today. I got called back into work tonite so i'll send you a tracking number when i get home or tomorrow

yup...yours went out today. I got called back into work tonite so i'll send you a tracking number when i get home or tomorrow
Whenever man. It will get here when it gets here. I am not too concerned about it since I won't be slapping it in the truck for a bit.

how much are you charging him if i may ask, i was looking to do almost the exact same box/sub setup in my reg cab chevy.
The price was very reasonable considering the relative complexity of the design. If you're interested in a quote, I recommend PMing bonesninja directly. I can't vouch for the in-hand quality of the product yet, but from these pictures and bonesninja's past build pictures, I have absolutely no doubt that this is top-notch work. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.