Box build for Slammed

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif
maw15box.png

maw15box5.png

maw15box4.png

This is a good lookin' box.

I understand where the naive sense of fear came along, no offense.

But the placement of the baffle, or any other piece of wood, would not change the inside dimensions as long as the outside is the same.

What SPY did was simply extend the other 2 pieces of wood, and slip the baffle inbetween them.

Like so:

|_|

Rather than:

| |

----

(With the baffle touching, of course)

He expained this to SLAMMED, but for the other people that are confused. That's what happened.

Although, the baffle on the outside in this particular build would've been better due to wood strength. It's impracticle, I think, to mount the baffle on the outside like that simply because you have to cut out the port or notch the top / bottom wood to hold the baffle.

I think SPY did a good job. Nice router job. And, he admits to the mistake... but I doubt it'll break. He braced it pretty well and it looks like he glued it well, too. So, keep on bumpin'! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

I didnt read the last couple pages... so maybe this has been said.

The only thing SPY changed was the orientation of the panels. It did not alter the internal volume (as long as the external dims are the same). Basically, he subtracted 1.5" from the front and back panels, and added it from the top and bottom. I wouldnt be too worried about the panel strength. You will be fine. Due to space restrictions, it happens a lot. And I have yet to receive an email form someone about their box breaking there.

Bottom line.... what he did was fine. If the ext dims are the same as whats on the design, your specs are correct.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.