Box build for Slammed

Mach5audioM15Frontdims.png

CutSheetFrontandback.png
here is a better look at the blueprints

so...I guess Im wrong with thinking that the placement of the front baffle would have any internal space loss?

can someone please answer this....Im a bit of a ported enclosure newbie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

can someone please answer this....Im a bit of a ported enclosure newbie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
pretty much, the tuning of the port is based on the airspace of the box. so if the port was tuned for say 2.5 cubes, and the box is 2.2 cubes, your tuning will be a little higher than expected, and it will also make the subs less efficient.

Well I'm pretty sure that's right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

pretty much, the tuning of the port is based on the airspace of the box. so if the port was tuned for say 2.5 cubes, and the box is 2.2 cubes, your tuning will be a little higher than expected, and it will also make the subs less efficient.
Well I'm pretty sure that's right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thanks for your reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my question was....am I losing internal space due to the baffle being located inside the enclosure instead of being mounted outside?

if the external dimensions are the same as the design, then no you did not lose airspace but yes he admits that there is a build flaw but like a man, he said he would replace it if it breaks.

So everything about the box is the same as the plans i was given except the front baffle was placed between the top and bottom instead of over them.
The overall dimensions are the same and therefore the vol and tuning should be correct. Any clearance issures are the fault of the designer.
Correction, any clearance issues are the fault of the BUILDER, as he is ultimately the one who decided to divert from the original design. The original front panel had taken the clearance issues of the mounting of the subwoofer into account and was to use the remaining connecting panels to account for the strength needed to properly brace the sub. Upon further observations of the enclosure the second time around, I noted that the front panel had been changed and automatically assumed the rest of the plans had been adhered to. Without correct measurements I was unable to determine the actual specifications of the enclosure at that point and proceeded to account for the change of design by subtracting the impeding panels from the original design.

I believe that we can both learn from this miscommunication. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thanks for the design crzystng

thanks for the enclosure and great communication SPY

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.