Box build for Slammed

I'm sure it was a little simple mistake. he seems like a very particular guy and very easy to work with. I'm trusting him to build my box. good guy none the less
I don't know him personally, however, I do recall space being a major issue when I designing this enclosure for slammed. That .2^3 throws things off kilter enough to change the characteristics of how the sub will sound. My main concern is with the strength of the front panel. When the sub is finally mounted in place. 1/4" of play between the cutout and the end of the board isn't very much at all. And again, I am very surprised that it didn't break on him when moving it around. That definitely wouldn't fly in any kind of SPL enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have seen some of Fishers work around here and have to say that it is pretty amazing on what some people can do with simple hand tools. As far as SPY's work goes, it looks to be decent. Better than some I have seen around here. Which is probably why he is able to build enclosures for members around here. I am by no means trying to take any sales away from him or ruin his reputation in these parts of the woods. I am simply trying to point out that he did make a mistake that has compromised the strength and overall sound of this particular enclosure.

The box was built to specs and should be the correct vol and tuning.

15.5"d x 36"w x 16"h

That being said, you are right, I did make a mistake by putting the front inside the box. This is why I prefer to design the boxes I build myself.

I will stand behind my work and if it breaks I will replace it.

Slammed please confirm that the box does have the right external dimensions and therefore is the correct vol and tuning.

Im curious if .75" was added to the depth to compromise for the internal air space due to how the front was placed.

If not, there is a significant loss in space (0.2 cu ft) and the tuning will be a bit higher as well

someone please correct me if Im wrong

also, the .25" mounting clearance for the sub makes the area pretty weak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

SPY did a great job with my first enclosure. I was very happy with it.

People just make mistakes sometimes.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is what I was given for plans

3049092_83_full.jpg

3049092_84_full.jpg

And this is how I built the box

3049092_82_full.jpg

So everything about the box is the same as the plans i was given except the front baffle was placed between the top and bottom instead of over them.

The overall dimensions are the same and therefore the vol and tuning should be correct. Any clearance issures are the fault of the designer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.