box build: double kerfed port for an Orion HCCA

IMG_20121018_131646.jpg

IMG_20121018_131721.jpg

at first I was like meh.... than saw the sub in it and it very much fits, like the sub and the box were meant to be. nice work.
thanks man, I almost mounted the sub firing up but after thinking about it decided the red frame would look so nice between the red ports.

Too difficult to handle a long piece like that, especially if you don't have an extension on your table saw that allows for such a wide piece. Plus, this is stronger
It is a weaker joint actually. Most would use a double baffle right there anyway, so I guess 1 or 2 pieces don't matter. I'm just used to doing 1 large section there.

I will give you it may be easier to to cut and adjust it fit if you are not used to kerfing though.

Flastrongman , end result looks good though. Have you got to hear yet?

It is a weaker joint actually. Most would use a double baffle right there anyway, so I guess 1 or 2 pieces don't matter. I'm just used to doing 1 large section there.

I will give you it may be easier to to cut and adjust it fit if you are not used to kerfing though.

Flastrongman , end result looks good though. Have you got to hear yet?

LOL just noticed this comment. I'm a newbie at kerfing what can I say. But yes there was a good reason why I did it the way I did.

It sounds pretty amazing, much flatter response than I expected from this sub.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

**** box, looks bad ass with the trim ring

thanks bro

I very much enjoy making kerf port boxes, I have not done many this year and was really starting to miss it. It's especially fun when I get to do a nice painted or stained kerfed port. I got quite a few more lined up before the year is over.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.