box broke wtf

ls2poweredcoat build it?
I don't think that is who built this box.

This thread is premature and presumptious. OP needs to remove the sub and thoroughly check the enclosure and sub before any speculations are vocalized. There are other possibilities.

If the enclosure has suffered a failure, then it does need to be addressed and remedied. That is between the OP and the builder, and should be handled accordingly.

No need for screws huh?
Nothing wrong with using screws. If they make you feel more secure then go for it.

I'm pretty good with a torch and I can weld. Saves me a lot of time and money on bolts and drill bits where steel fabricating is concerned. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I don't think that is who built this box.
This thread is premature and presumptuous. OP needs to remove the sub and thoroughly check the enclosure and sub before any speculations are vocalized. There are other possibilities.

If the enclosure has suffered a failure, then it does need to be addressed and remedied. That is between the OP and the builder, and should be handled accordingly.
Premature? If he's holding the **** together to make it sound better and stop the creaking, how is that presumptuous? If I have the shits, and try to squeeze my ass cheeks together, and that still doesn't work, I have problems.

No need for screws huh?
Correct, no need for screws. The screws just hold the pieces of wood together while the woodglue bonds the two pieces. After glue dries and bonds the wood, you can removes the screws if you want.

Premature? If he's holding the **** together to make it sound better and stop the creaking, how is that presumptuous? If I have the shits, and try to squeeze my ass cheeks together, and that still doesn't work, I have problems.
I deemed it premature because the problem has so far been presumed to be the fault of the enclosure without much investigation. We can only go by what the OP has posted so far. What if the sub is loose in the baffle for some reason? What if pushing on the back of the box also applied pressure to the sub and pushed it tighter into the bore? There are other possibilities, until they are all investigated citing a specific cause is to presume that it is the only possible cause.

Now go take a **** and avoid the problem. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Correct, no need for screws. The screws just hold the pieces of wood together while the woodglue bonds the two pieces. After glue dries and bonds the wood, you can removes the screws if you want.
^^^ these ppl must not run alot of power. i blew a 5/8 thick enclosure to peices that i built when i was 17 and i used only 1500 rms and 2 12s. all i used was wood glue cuz dudes like u said it was fine.

screws+ woodglue > woodglue

I deemed it premature because the problem has so far been presumed to be the fault of the enclosure without much investigation. We can only go by what the OP has posted so far. What if the sub is loose in the baffle for some reason? What if pushing on the back of the box also applied pressure to the sub and pushed it tighter into the bore? There are other possibilities, until they are all investigated citing a specific cause is to presume that it is the only possible cause.
Now go take a **** and avoid the problem. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
welcome to premature presuming club

^^^ these ppl must not run alot of power. i blew a 5/8 thick enclosure to peices that i built when i was 17 and i used only 1500 rms and 2 12s. all i used was wood glue cuz dudes like u said it was fine.
your problem is the 5/8" not the lack of screws.

or it could be that you **** at building boxes... either or

lol

You don't suppose that perhaps the major problem might have been more in the 5/8" thick medium rather than the lack of screws?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.