Bought a new mustang..supercharger?

Normal boost cars are below 10:1 ratios. You can boost 10:1 if wanted but 8 pounds is about the most daily wise. The 2003-2003 Cobra was a 8.5:1 compression ratio from factory. The 2003-2004 Mach was 10.5:1 ratio from factory w/o charger.

PS: LS1s are good engines, too bad the mach's would tear'em up.

You want a relatively low Compression ratio if you want to safely boost a motor.
This... Also don't buy a used s/c unless its on the car you're already buying. Never know how the previous person drove their vehicle or how the engine was setup.

Spend the extra money buy an Eaton or Vortech supercharger, both are good companies with great reps.

This... Also don't buy a used s/c unless its on the car you're already buying. Never know how the previous person drove their vehicle or how the engine was setup.
Spend the extra money buy an Eaton or Vortech supercharger, both are good companies with great reps.

Right on. If you do buy used, go ahead and figure cost of a rebuild to be safe. I personally don't care for S/C, but Vortech makes some of the best centrifugal S/C's. Kenny Bell is great for twin screw. Each has its con though. Twin screw or top mount S/C hold alot of heat on top of the engine. Centrifugal have lag like old school turbos. I love the Kenny Bell wine though.

:cough: TURBO :cough:

To add, stay away from Powerdyne. I'm not a fan of Pro Charger either.
Prochargers IMO are the best Centrifigal chargers out. Just look at the fastest cars with centri's.

At World Street Challenge 1 in St. Louis, the Mark Micke / Jeff Dickey team set a new record for the fastest centrifugal supercharged car in the world with a ¼ mile pass of 6.25 @ 227.65 mph.
2700hp with a F3-R Procharger.

F series are nasty, for daily Vortech is a better unit. Vortech has always done more power and better powerband when I tuned on the dyno. Pro chargers P series has too much lag and not efficient.

Matter of fact, we are almost done with a 04 Mach with a built engine and a F-1 pro charger. Oh, and forgot to mention methanol injection and 150 shot on top of it.

But like I was saying, the only way to go is turbo. Here is a little buddy of mine....

Steve Petty builds tim's cars. Steve is the god of turbo cars. Notice the time, and that is in the 10.5 class, not even pro.

im allready on 2 or 3 lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ..... yea ive heard nothing but **** about powerdyne....

Vortech has some kits on ebay buy it now for $1800 that only use 6lbs of boost...Suppose to be like 60 hp

With that and a little 75 shot we might get somewhere lol

Dont take his word with anything less than a mouthful of salt, hes just a punk kid who doesnt even own the cars in his sig nor the systems he talks about.

So his "experience" is all lies

And no, vortechs are not good s/c's, theyre old and busted technology, eaton or modded roots ftw

F series are nasty, for daily Vortech is a better unit. Vortech has always done more power and better powerband when I tuned on the dyno. Pro chargers P series has too much lag and not efficient.
Matter of fact, we are almost done with a 04 Mach with a built engine and a F-1 pro charger. Oh, and forgot to mention methanol injection and 150 shot on top of it.

But like I was saying, the only way to go is turbo. Here is a little buddy of mine....

I decided to wait after seeing it...the cars pretty **** quick and has more parts than he mentioned... He didnt say anything about the 4:10 gear, the cd player, the pro 5.0 shifter, the aftermarket clutch or any of that haha... paid $2500 for this car.... Im going to make a thread for it as i did my other mustang.... Have new paint, new door handles, and a new shifter knob on the way.... About to order some racing seats with 4 point harnesses and a new front bumper and some other stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.