Both my amps keep shutting off at the same time

n8te81
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I've been having this problem for the past couple weeks now... Sometimes it's a couple seconds me sometimes it's minutes. They are shutting completely down, no indicator lights or anything. My voltage is good and never drops. I've checked all the wires and remote. The remote is linked in between the two amps so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

System is....

Hu is pio 5800bhs

0g wire through out.

Ed nine. 1 for sub

Marc Antony 4ch

Duracell agm battery

Single 12in ported AQ hdc

This is all in my 350z too.

check the grounds. check the inline fuse if you have one. $50 its your wire.

I blew a fuse once that still let a small amount of current through, it played very inconsistent until i found it.

I checked all that today actually...grounds to chassis seemed good and into amps. Checked inline and tugged on both sides and seemed secure well. Maybe I'm missing a point to check? Also it's weird that the hu stays on but it doesn't have the beeping sound when u push the buttons when this happens.

Seems to happen mainly when I'm driving BTW... In my garage I can crank it up and it's fine.

I have no idea about your head unit beeps unless it routes it's beeps through the preouts. But idk.

I'd think if it only happens when you drive it's probably related to something shaking loose or bouncing around.

Did you check the inline fuse itself? It may be partially blown. Does your amp have onboard fuses? Are you running wire directly to battery, Or does it go through the vehicle fuse box?

I'm locking in my answer with loose wiring. If it's not, I'm stumped.

I'll check the inline fuse tomm and see tomm... And yeah it's all directly to the battery. One thing that I remembered that I need to check tomm is that I don't think my grounds are on bare metal... It's on the trunk metal but it's still painted. Think that could be enough to cause complete shut off though?

check the impedence of your 12v connections on the amp with a dmm. if its higher than 0 theres resistance. jiggle the cord around and see if you get any resistance increase.

I doubt a system that is working fine for a while would suddenly start have problems one day over a painted connection that was there when it worked. that being said though its probably a good place to start as it can only help.

Yeah cause I'm stumped otherwise... I can go a couple days without any problems or like today when it seemed like it was doing it like every ten mins.

I checked all my grounds and nothing worked... How could I check to see if it's my 4ch? Sat in the garage today and cranked it up and no issues whatsoever. Left the house and it started before I even made it a block.... So pissed lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.