Boston Acoustics

The guy asks about Boston Acoustics........how did it turn into a CDT thread?!?!?! Contrary to popular belief, not everyone wants CDT. If you want Boston's, then go with Boston's, they are excellent speakers and you will not be dissappointed with them.

http://www.woofersetc.com has them, but I've never used the website so I won't attest to it's service or dependability personally. Others have used it and been happy with them, however.

But, BA doesn't authorize online sales, so just realize that getting them off of the net will mean you have absolutely zero warranty.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone wants CDT.
good point there...i run Boston coaxials, so I'm a black sheep around here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have bought two sets of used Boston Acoustic Pro's on ebay over the years. The first set ended up coming from a pawn shop in Florida and were in mint condition. Paid $275 (that's when they were the newest model). I blew one due to a defective Rockford open box amp (I know it was the amp cause I THEN say a tag on it that said blown amp and blown speaker) 2 years later and I went back to ebay for another set. Cost about $250 shipped for another set. I plan on getting another used set through ebay when it's time for a new pair again. I just upgraded my amp from a 63 watt rockford to a 150 watt profile amp and they are able to play at deffening levels with incredible clarity now. I still have a spare woofer, tweeter and crossover in case of any other troubles too.

I just upgraded my amp from a 63 watt rockford to a 150 watt profile amp and they are able to play at deffening levels with incredible clarity now.
I had a 400w RMS x 2 @4ohm amp (Eclipse 34230) on my Boston Pro6.5s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif You want to talk about deafening levels with great clarity, that shit got insanely loud!!

I had a 400w RMS x 2 @4ohm amp (Eclipse 34230) on my Boston Pro6.5s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif You want to talk about deafening levels with great clarity, that shit got insanely loud!!
I admit defeat and that's crazy! Talk about overkill.

What changes did they make from the 6.4's to the 6.5's. I know you got the bigger (looks that way anyways) sexier crossovers. Did they change the woofer or tweeter or crossover points??? Same mounting size?

How about the new Pro 60's???? They look sexy!

I honestly couldn't tell ya the differences between them, other than it looks like the new 60's got an entire makeover, top to bottom as well as in overall speaker design.

i have boston pro's as well... 5¼" but they sound great on my hifonics zx4400... i only paid $50 from a forum member about 8-10 months ago... and best $50 i've ever spent

i have boston pro's as well... 5¼" but they sound great on my hifonics zx4400... i only paid $50 from a forum member about 8-10 months ago... and best $50 i've ever spent
I hope that's $50 in gas when you went and TOOK them from a member! Great deal!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.