Boston Acoustics

I like my boston pro's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Got the same as you, but running the 4" and tweeter off a channel each side and the 6" woofers off another channel each on my polk/momo c400.4 but its not enough power for them

what amp should i put on them? right now im looking at the Cadence 2 Ch. 200 Watt Amplifier.

im looking to spend under 150$. i think im gonna get the Pro 6.5 - Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5" Components

Tweeter stores sell Boston's. Retail prices (ouch), but their warrantee support is second to none. I've toasted 2 sets of my BA coaxials in the last 2 years, and they just handed me a new one each time. Love that retail support.

Last time I was at Tweeter I auditioned some JL's, MBQ Q's, B.A. Pro's and the B.A. Z series. Wish I hadn't done that... those Z's are expensive and now I want some.

thanks for all the help and 1 last question im gonna have a viper d1200 for my sub and the other amp for components so should i run both power cables from the battery or run a 0/1 wire from the battery and use a block to split it into a 2g for the viper and the other wire for the component amp?

those Z's are expensive and now I want some.
I heard them at the local BA dealer.....they are niiiiice. If I didn't already have my horns (which I love), then the Z6's would have been going in.

To osiris999; you will want to run something like 0/1ga to a fused distro block, and then probably run the 0/1ga to the Viper and 4ga to the component amp.

Yep after having BA speakers for over a year I doubt I will use any other brand of speakers again, I love them. I'm thinking about switching my 6.5 Pros to the new Pro 60's, but I wonder if it's worth it. Plus are the new Pros even in stores yet? I can just give these ones back for store credit and pay the difference for the new ones.

I have 3 sets of Boston speakers, I love them with a passion.

I have never heard anyone say a bad thing about Boston speakers.

I just love taking a 1000 watt A/B amp and using it to power your component speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

since you cant hear me :Bostons are crap, there is better.

Lucky #1
How many sets of Boston Speakers have you owned?

Did you have them professionally installed and imaged correctly?

What didn't you like about them?

Please elaborate, don't just say they are 'crap' without justifying.

I had a 400w RMS x 2 @4ohm amp (Eclipse 34230) on my Boston Pro6.5s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif You want to talk about deafening levels with great clarity, that shit got insanely loud!!

Where can I get one of those Eclipse 34230's?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.