Boss Audio Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

jcolley
10+ year member

Michigan
I am wondering how good the boss audio speakers are. Specifically the OHC694 and LA694 models. I am going to be using them in home audio (if I get them), but I figured you car audio guys would know more about car speakers than home audio guys would so I'm posting here. I currently have two Pyle PADH 152 speakers, and two Boss Audio BL240 subs in custom boxes. This system sounds good enough for what I need, but I am having problems getting loud enough whenever I take it to a large area such as my High School gym. I would like to make this a bit louder without spending too much money (very little amount actually). I already have room on the amp that is powering the subs for two more speakers @ ~ 400-450 watts @8-16 ohms. I know that this means I would have to buy two pairs of the speakers in order to have a high enough impedence. Thanks for any help you can give. If you have other suggestions that I could use to do this for under around $250 feel free to state them.

No, I am saying that I have a setup with amps, eq, and mixer but not enough sound. I am planning on using these speakers to make what I already have louder. So I am using car speakers with home/dj equipment. You said that you would get better than Boss. Do you have any suggestions?

Im not really sure since Ive never used it the way you have but Id have to say, Polk, Focal, Boston, JBL might be better choices

So, how bad of a choice is it to go with the Boss Audio? They are about the only thing that I have found for cheap enough except for some Legacy speakers that I saw at first where I would have had to buy 8 pairs in order to get the impedence high enough to not blow them (that was even with guessing that the RMS was half the peak). I am sure that I can probably find more to do the same thing to as the Legacys but I would prefer to keep it simpler than that.

I have been looking at more Boss Audio speakers and people are having complaints at times about them not handling the power that they are supposed to. Are the speakers RMS values per speaker or per pair? Anyone know?

I have been looking at more Boss Audio speakers and people are having complaints at times about them not handling the power that they are supposed to. Are the speakers RMS values per speaker or per pair? Anyone know?
Per speaker

As for an alternative....sell the speakers to a kid who wants some BOSS bling, and upgrade. But if it's just something to listen to every once in a while, if it sounds good to you, and if you like it, DO IT. We don't have your ears. The only thing that matters is that YOU enjoy the sound.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Boss makes bottom-of-the-barrel equipment. i'd avoid them at all costs.
I have heard this a couple of times from people, but then again, I have heard people that said they did a couple of years ago but since then have really stepped up their game and people are just holding a grudge against them.

Per speaker

As for an alternative....sell the speakers to a kid who wants some BOSS bling, and upgrade. But if it's just something to listen to every once in a while, if it sounds good to you, and if you like it, DO IT. We don't have your ears. The only thing that matters is that YOU enjoy the sound.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yea, thanks for the idea but I'm not sure if I will be able to sell them to anyone around here (there isn't really anyone in audio, except for super rich kids). I also don't really want to spend the money on them if I'm only going to sell them to someone else. Thanks for the advice though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.