Boss armor dual channel and 2 10’ phantoms

Jray1115

CarAudio.com Newbie
Tn
So I’m very new to audio and I have two boss phantom 800 watt 10s and a boss ar1600.2 amp and I have ran both subs in each channel and one sub specifically will not get nearly as much power as the other, like barely vibrating to the touch. My amp is bridgeable and each time I try and play something it will go into protection mode or it will make no difference at all.
I’ve been working at this for 5 days now please help lmao.
The image I have one positive coming from one sub and one negative from the other with two more wires connecting the subs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.5 KB · Views: 55
When I look it up it says they are.
And this as well if it helps
  • 10 Inch 800 Watt Single 4 Ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer
  • Max Power: 800 Watts
  • Impedance: Single 4 Ohm
  • Resonant Frequency: 50 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 87 dB @ 1 W/1 m

Yeah two single 4 ohm subwoofers will wire to 2 ohms in parallel or 8 ohms in series. You will have to wire them to 8 ohms as that amp can not take a 2 ohm load bridged.

Yeah two single 4 ohm subwoofers will wire to 2 ohms in parallel or 8 ohms in series. You will have to wire them to 8 ohms as that amp can not take a 2 ohm load bridged.

do you think that would fix my issue with one sub
Seeming like it’s getting no power? I’m sorry for dumb questions I bought this to learn how to do all of this

do you think that would fix my issue with one sub
Seeming like it’s getting no power? I’m sorry for dumb questions I bought this to learn how to do all of this

Boss amps are not known for quality. It most likely is an issue with that channel on the amp. Swap the left and right RCA and see if there is any change in the one subwoofer output.

I have to wire my subs in series, I switched the rcas but my amp is still in protection because I still have them at 2 ohms right now, what would I have to look up to how to wire them in series to the amp?

WTF is with the wiring??? You need to terminate the wires properly. Wire the subs in stereo - 4 ohms per channel. That way you can swap one channel for the other when you're troubleshooting.

Yes, please use spade terminals before something touches. They are super cheap and easy to install
This. Here..Not sure what sized wiring you are using for supply and ground, But these here work really good and come with heat shrink for added protection. I like the copper ones, but these work just fine. they also have 4-8ga also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...