boss 6 farad capacitor

vibe boy
10+ year member

uk!!!
Got a boss 6 farad capacitor, does anyone know if these are any good? Going to have 4x 4awg surplys to it an then 4 cables off it to the amps. Going to have 4x 4awg ground wires to the body work-is this corect? Got 3 1farad caps an these are wired simular- just 1 wire from the battery to the cap then linked to the positive to the amp, then a ground from the cap to the body work. Any one have any comments?

Originally posted by vibe boy Got a boss 6 farad capacitor, does anyone know if these are any good? Going to have 4x 4awg surplys to it an then 4 cables off it to the amps. Going to have 4x 4awg ground wires to the body work-is this corect? Got 3 1farad caps an these are wired simular- just 1 wire from the battery to the cap then linked to the positive to the amp, then a ground from the cap to the body work. Any one have any comments?
Ditch the caps...caps serve no purpose...

Originally posted by vibe boy Got a boss 6 farad capacitor, does anyone know if these are any good? Going to have 4x 4awg surplys to it an then 4 cables off it to the amps. Going to have 4x 4awg ground wires to the body work-is this corect? Got 3 1farad caps an these are wired simular- just 1 wire from the battery to the cap then linked to the positive to the amp, then a ground from the cap to the body work. Any one have any comments?
Good god, what are you trying to power? Anyways, just like snova said, caps are worthless unless your electrical system can supply power to it, i.e. bigger alternator. And Boss is not a widely respected name around here, but seeing as i've never owned any Boss equipment (nor never will), i can't give you a fair judgement on whether the cap is good or not. But by just hearing about the name, i'm guessing it's not high quality stuff.

Originally posted by tommyk90 Good god, what are you trying to power? Anyways, just like snova said, caps are worthless unless your electrical system can supply power to it, i.e. bigger alternator. And Boss is not a widely respected name around here, but seeing as i've never owned any Boss equipment (nor never will), i can't give you a fair judgement on whether the cap is good or not. But by just hearing about the name, i'm guessing it's not high quality stuff.
Alot of boss stuff is ****, but the cap is good quility, solid an nice looking-if it doesnt make much difrence at least it looks good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by vibe boy Alot of boss stuff is ****, but the cap is good quility, solid an nice looking-if it doesnt make much difrence at least it looks good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
So I'm guessing you know all of the good brands and all of the crappy ones right?

I just happend to come across an cap once, i did not think that they did anything really but when I installed it I did notice that the bass was alot louder and my system hit alot harder, and i mean alot harder. I still dont think that caps do that much of anything but I put one im my vehicle and it made a difference and i left it in my vehicle. so I dont know what really i did but it worked for me. so, try it and see if it makes a difference and if it does leave it in, if it su>

Originally posted by B&R Innovations Maybe you hit the bass boost swich with your arm w hile you installed the cap

only thing i cna think of
LMAO, nice one... ive never personally used one, but if it boosted your hits so much, it must have had some infulance on how much power (amps) your alt puts out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.