Bose *****!

Russcat
10+ year member

Al
I have an 89 Maxima with a Bose system.Well needless to say it sounds like crap.I just got my new Pioneer Mp3/cd player today.I am lost just trying to think about what to do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif I am gonna replace all the factory speakers but how in the hell do I hook the cd player up?I know I gotta bypass all the amps on the factory speakers.This whole process sounds like a pain.The local audio shop said they would hook up my cd player and put my aftermarket speakers in for $85.But I feel like they are gonna stick me with some hidden charges and would rather do it myself because I think I have enough car audio knowledge to figure this out with a little help.I would really like to get this done before my eD 16kv.2 and Nine.2 amp comes in.Anyway any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah but I would really like to have that extra $85 cause I want to get a component set and and another amp soon too.

Well the biggest problem is finding the amps. I'm pretty sure though that a lot of bose systems have individual amps for each speaker? I may be way off though. Rip off the doorpanel or whatever is necessary and see where the wire goes, trace it until you find an amp. 85 really doesn't seem like a bad price for a hu install and speakers, but yeah you are right there is a good chance they'll stick you with a convertor or something that really isn't necessary. All it is goign to require is time and patience. I would vote do it yourself as alearning experience. You'll know your car a lot better, you could even intall your amp wiring while you are at it, so when your stuff shows up it'l only take 20 minutes to install.

Yeah thats a good idea about running the amp wire at the same time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif The amps are located right beside the speakers in my car.My main concern is hooking the cd player up to the bose wires and stuff.I cant wait to get that junk out of my car.

i think the amps are integrated into the 6x9's on the rear deck... look on the bottom of your speakers in the back and see if there is a big black thing on the bottom with 4 wires going into a plug... if so... when you remove the speakers... you remove the amp... bypassing is easy... the plug has two big... and two small... the 2 small ones are speaker wires... same in the front... the plug is on top of the big black enclosure... it's 4" speakers in the front doors...

Yeah Bose is complete crap,maybe this install wont be so bad.It will be fun though just to have that stuff out of my car.I think I would be better off riding around listening to my portable cd player.Ha!

May I suggest addressing this question to a maxima forum, Im sure there have been alot of people on there that have gone through exactly the same thing you are right now.

the speakers will actually be built into the amp, front have will be a baffel for the speaker, back half will be the amp. hope they make a wiring harness for you, i had bose stuff and they didnt make a wiring harness for my car, or a fit kit for that matter.

Crap! I just bought a Maxima and I was hoping Bose would not ****, but here they go again! I gotta replace all those speakers. My uncle has a Maxima and his stereo *****, my Infinitys dominate those Bose!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.