Rebuilding Bose factory system in 18 Pathfinder

Participant count
  • Participant list

schreibdog

CarAudio.com Newbie
I picked up an 18 Pathfinder, and it has the basic audio system in it. Typically, i would just replace the head unit and speakers, but it's not recommended to replace the head unit since the climate controls run through it. The premium audio system for that model is a Bose. So I picked up the correct Bose head unit, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to also get the factory Bose speakers. Can I get away with using another brand of door speakers? There's a factory Bose amp and sub... should I keep with those, or can I look at other options there as well? I thought I read in the past that Bose had unique specs, so i wasn't sure if other models would work in their place. Thanks in advance!

I picked up an 18 Pathfinder, and it has the basic audio system in it. Typically, i would just replace the head unit and speakers, but it's not recommended to replace the head unit since the climate controls run through it. The premium audio system for that model is a Bose. So I picked up the correct Bose head unit, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to also get the factory Bose speakers. Can I get away with using another brand of door speakers? There's a factory Bose amp and sub... should I keep with those, or can I look at other options there as well? I thought I read in the past that Bose had unique specs, so i wasn't sure if other models would work in their place. Thanks in advance!
My vehicle also has Bose as the premium option. The same thing was said about climate control for the RX 8. A previous owner replaced the HU with a Kenwood + adapter and my climate control works fine. I'm swapping out all the Bose Speakers now. No issues at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...