Bose Headphones=Best?

Sweet'n Low
10+ year member

Harshaw
I know it's not CAR audio related but I'd imagine someone would have a reasonable answer. I'm tired of buying $10-15 headphones and them blowing after 2 months just from regular usage. Not sure I'm looking to spend $100 on some Bose... i get the feeling their JL overpriced (along with skullcandy) but I need at least one pair that I know will last.

Any Suggestions?

Bose headphones are garbage imo, along with all the rest of everything they make.. Now with that out of the way, you have a ton of better options to consider. I run sony mdrv7506 also known as the mdrv6s. They play very flat, and sound far better than any bose ive heard. They go for about 100. I also run beyerdynamic dt 770s, but those dont do to well off of mp3/ ipod power. Head over to

http://www.head-fi.org

They will lead you in the right direction.. Fair warning, they dont like bose there either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

For $100 I also suggest the Sony MDR-7506. It's the standard headphone in the ProAudio and Video world because they sound great and the price is reasonable. You can get better headphone, but for a lot more money. They are the best in the $100 price range. You'd have to get closer to $200 to get headphones that are noticable better. There are still only a few in that range that are better. If you jump closer to $300 then there are lots of choices.

For $100, get the Sony 7506's. You won't regret it. I suggest you buy them from B & H photo supply, not ebay or amazon.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/49510-REG/Sony_MDR_7506_MDR_7506_Headphone.html

edit to add: Bose *****.

I got a pair of Sennheiser CX300s for $23 on Amazon and I loved em till the plug went out (I used them a ton). Now I have to solder on a new one. But they sound great and they're cheap.

i like my monsters, you can get em for like 100 on ebay. or if your looking at over ear check out AKG 271's they are pretty sweet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Bose stuff is not complete garbage, but it is VERY overpriced and you can get much better sounding headphones for less.

I'm a member of head-fi as well, and have been since 03. Iv'e owned probably hundreds of pairs of different headphones/IEM's.

For what it sounds like you want, budget wise and sound wise. I'd very highly recommend the AKG k81dj or k518dj (same thing, just different colors). You can get them for about $60 online.

I recommend these for a number of reasons. Everyone on this forum (or most) are probably into a very bass heavy sound- and these headphones will deliver that. They maintain a very good overall sound too though- soundstaging is decent and detail is still there. There are a couple of mods you can do to them as well to make them even better.

Further more, they do great off the stock ipod. No amp is needed, like many high end headphones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.