Boost my subwoofer?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RobK

CarAudio.com Newbie
Surrey
My car has a meridian sound system with a passive sub in the boot. The bass is a bit week. Is it possible to add an additional (ie with speaker level inputs) amplifier to boost the sub?

the car is new snd I don’t want to mess with the rest of the system if possible

Thank you

Also can anyone recommend a good high end car audio place in Surrey UK?

Odds are that the factory subwoofer isn't going to be able to handle any more power than whatever they put to it at the factory and you would almost certainly break it if you attempted to put more power to it.

Most of the big brands like Kicker, Kenwood, Pioneer, JBL, etc. will sell all-in-one amp+sub+enclosure systems that would run with speaker level inputs and +12 and ground. You're not going to beat down the block with something like that but it would certainly be an upgrade over whatever you get from the factory and would be the simplest thing to integrate.

I do not believe we have any regular forum members from the UK so you're probably on your own in finding a competent installer over your way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...