Boneheads at Boss- Impossible handsfree calling

It is but that is why most new headunits allow you to turn the display off without turning off the unit. Texas is getting close to banning more due to school wrecks
Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk
we have the most population and traffic in California and you dont see us banning head unit screens.. Wtf is wrong with these law makers in other states..

used to be a law here said dvd screen couldn't be in front of car., idk if it changed or not..
Thats still a law.
Screen has to be behind driver seat not viewable to the driver, and if its a touch screen headunit then it cannot be bypassed to view the movies while in drive.

It has to state on the screen that screen is blocked due to shifter position.

Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

So do the people with factory double din radios with touch screens also get tickets from the police for having one from the factory? Same as a flip out single din really.
I second jeffpas to stick with the good brands. I would say also buy from only authorized dealers too so forget eBay and Amazon. Try Crutchfield, they have the best return policy, the best free installation gear, and easily the best tech support if you have any installation questions or Bluetooth/microphone issues. Call Crutchfield up and tell them what you want and I'm 100% positive they can help you.
I bought plenty of things off eBay that were great. Including my 80prs. Just got to pay attention on who the seller is, their seller rating, and number of that particular unit sold . But If it's not in the u.s. definitely stay away. Especially China Etc

>>>

We arent telling you to throw 500 dollars at a head unit no, there's great pioneer/kenwood/jvc/alpine/clarion head units under 100, and under 200 that get the job done much better, lasting way longer, sounding way better. You would have had that much if you didnt waste it on garbage from the start. Yes everthing you bought from the dual to the boss was garbage, we told you that and you were too d*mn hard headed to accept it.

>>>

Haha, well in this case I'll agree the JVC was far better for bluetooth handsfree. But I was looking for something pretty specific, in fact its almost amazing they had it. This model was the bomb for just that.

Even Wal-Mart has got receivers that have an external mic, which I think I've shown makes ALL the difference with handsfree calling. But none of them had the no-flip TFT for audiobooks. And yes, our cops are generally no comment so if you come thru central IL, my advice is to keep your big TV flips in -especially- at night. Good luck to you if you don't.

As far as my opinions- the Dual interface was much better than Boss, which by comparison looked like a Commodore Vic20 lol.

Again, I planned to sell this vehicle at some point so I just wanted a cheap radio but you know how that goes. But after all this hassle I think I had better swap this **** thing out and take it with me lol.

As far as buying things off Ebay from China, I don't have to tell you that you won't be able to return it, because the shipping will cost $60. And even if you did get lucky and they paid return shipping (which odds are 1 in 900) the whole thing would take months. So make sure you know what you're buying ahead of time.

That's just been my experiences.

I bought plenty of things off eBay that were great. Including my 80prs. Just got to pay attention on who the seller is, their seller rating, and number of that particular unit sold . But If it's not in the u.s. definitely stay away. Especially China Etc
Not necessarily true. Bought an amp w/ 3 yr warranty and had good ratings. Amp failed, sent them an email and amp and never heard from them again. Long story short, I was out 310 bucks and turns out they were using Ebay to run their scam. Looked them up on Google and many other people went thru the same BS I did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.