SQ/SPL Build input

Hey, I'm new to the board and looking for input on a new build

In the past I've had dozens of systems from many of the higher quality brands, often selling not long after buying due to boardum.

Now that I'm gainfully employed and board I want to get back into car audio and put together a bada$$ system. I've got a headunit and some amps .. 2 crossfire vr2000d sub amps and a jl 600/4 for mids/highs.

I had my eyes on 2 crossfire xs 15's but someone recently told me they are arcaic in comparison to the new sundown zv5 15". My budget is around 4k for everything not including the amps/headunit obvioisly, I should be able to put something spectacular together with half of that. Any input is helpful as long as you're not trolling of course. Retailers/shops/installers also appreciated. I've found a couple online retailers that seem to be reputable but I'm not sure how I feel about sending off thousands to an online shop

I look forward to your input

How do jl audio w7's compare to the zv5 12". I've had w7's on both the 1200/1 hd and the 1000/1. Excited about increase power, but how is the response? Recommended in sealed or slot ported enclosure

with a big box Id use subs built for big boxes. like DD 9500s or FI BTls. a single the twisted sounds 5kw is 999 right now. that's a Freaking STEAL

as for comps Id do some 8s or 10s in hte doors and a nice 4" midrange and some ceramic dome tweeters.

I've decided to go all in!280amp alternator, 3 XS 3300 battery's,1 d2 zv5 15" In 4cuft' tuned to 31hz

Pioneer 80prs, 4 RES Neo 6.5's on a 600/4 hd

Thanks for the input!!
jl amps ****. RES neos? Id do a real good prosound neo built to sound good. the sundowns are nice. i just got some SICK prosound 8"s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.