Boat audio help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maxwellloop

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I’m trying to do a sound system in my boat, wanna DIY it to keep it relatively cheap, but I want good sound. (I’ve done plenty of emergency light wiring)

But not sure what to pick as an Amp, and how to wire it right... The speakers I bought are JBL 6.5 inch, 4 ohm with 60W RMS... and the subwoofer I have is an 8 inch Rockford 8 inch, Dual coil 4-Ohm with 150 Watts RMS. And the head unit is a Garmin 010-01716-00

I think I want the speakers and the sub to both have Amps

Also the Ohms thing confuses me... with the different types of wireing up the speakers to stay within the Ohm rating. So if someone could recommend an Amp or Amps and tell me how to hook up everything that would be much help!

Thanks for the help!

So two speakers and a single subwoofer?

The subwoofer being a dual 4 ohm makes it to where you have to run it at 2 or 8 ohms. Most 4 channels are not stable bridged at 2 ohms.

Soooo 5 channel amp would be your best bet.

Pioneer GM-D9705 is what I would do. Subwoofer at 2 ohms on the subwoofer channel and the two speakers on channel 1 and 2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.