blown sub?

if u apply some voltage into the coils, and it moves fowards n backwards, does it mean it's not blown? or wat does it actually mean if anythin?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

what would make you think it's blown in the first place.....if it moves freely than no it should be fine...

simple test-------touch a 1.5V battery to it's terminals----------- does the sub move

play a test signal through it --------does it play it clean?

if the sub passes both tests it is most likely fine

i guess by blown i m saying that it used to play fine, but then all of a sudden just stops working. it doesn't play anymore at least in my car. and before they stopped working i didn't hear any pop or anything. i was just playing w a "blown" sub i have and i put a 9v battery actually (instead of 1.5V sorr) and it moves. how can i play a test signal thru it w/o using my HU? like w a cd player or something like that just hooked to the sub or to te amp n the sub.

so if it moves it means it's fine? sorry guys, just trying to absorb ur guys knowledge :p

Originally posted by Matador [ i was just playing w a "blown" sub i have and i put a 9v battery actually (instead of 1.5V sorr) and it moves.
9V is ok------- it moved well least we know the coil still conducts electricity and it no so deformed that it's stuck
how can i play a test signal thru it w/o using my HU? [/b]
take it in [your/someones] house and connect it to the stereo---------you need to see if it makes a [buzzing/scratching] sound when playing----------if not turn up the knob-----see if noise appears

if you sub passes this test------i'd say it's not damaged

though some resistance tests would be nice too

i have a 10'' fat boy sitting in my room, and i also have a sony xplod aluminum something. the sony ***** bad, the fatboy was so much better than the sony.

there's no way to fix them if they blown? like if the VCs are blown or something, can i replace them? from where?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.