Blowing subs and amps at the same time

If this is your plan and you are meaning to get into doing a lot of competitions/shows do your best to make friends/connections. Who you know will go a long way in reducing downtime and expense when you start breaking stuff.
I appreciate the insight and advice you're giving me. I noticed in car audio there's good advice, trolls and critics my build was first done by me it wasn't the greatest but I loved it then the trolls and "audio geniuses started in and I kind of lost my way. Luckily the few guys I know throw bass meets once a month and I get to talk to them builders and car audio people to build a better opinion about what I should do. The main thing I have learned is listen and uplift eàchother no matter what a person's build is. I love bass I love car audio and I'm going to keep learning what I can. As far as my build I'm taking my time. My daily driver is loud enough to hold me over thank you for your insight and I will use it to push me forward.

I appreciate the insight and advice you're giving me. I noticed in car audio there's good advice, trolls and critics my build was first done by me it wasn't the greatest but I loved it then the trolls and "audio geniuses started in and I kind of lost my way. Luckily the few guys I know throw bass meets once a month and I get to talk to them builders and car audio people to build a better opinion about what I should do. The main thing I have learned is listen and uplift eàchother no matter what a person's build is. I love bass I love car audio and I'm going to keep learning what I can. As far as my build I'm taking my time. My daily driver is loud enough to hold me over thank you for your insight and I will use it to push me forward.
Cool, sounds like you're on the right track and it's really nice to have (and support) a local community. I just like to be honest about these big builds or trying to be competitive. A lot of people get into this thinking that sort of thing is a one and done investment of time/money which is rarely the case. I can assure you, if you save receipts as you go your build will be over budget regardless of how much you thought you planned, and something will break that you didn't expect or you'll find some unexpected weak link that will need upgrade.

Finally, if your goal is to get loud and be even somewhat competitive you should really own an SPL meter or at least make friends with someone who owns one and is willing to let you use theirs whenever.

Cool, sounds like you're on the right track and it's really nice to have (and support) a local community. I just like to be honest about these big builds or trying to be competitive. A lot of people get into this thinking that sort of thing is a one and done investment of time/money which is rarely the case. I can assure you, if you save receipts as you go your build will be over budget regardless of how much you thought you planned, and something will break that you didn't expect or you'll find some unexpected weak link that will need upgrade.

Finally, if your goal is to get loud and be even somewhat competitive you should really own an SPL meter or at least make friends with someone who owns one and is willing to let you use theirs whenever.
Good advice I realized it costs after 10,000$ in lmao.

Good advice I realized it costs after 10,000$ in lmao.
Once you're at that point you probably have a good idea how costs come up that you hadn't considered and you're obviously enough of an enthusiast that you will find a way to pay for more expenses as they roll in.

Some things you just have to overlook,
Easy to say for your personal, but if you're every trying to help friends/family with a build it's good to be able to get better estimates before jumping in.

Once you're at that point you probably have a good idea how costs come up that you hadn't considered and you're obviously enough of an enthusiast that you will find a way to pay for more expenses as they roll in.

Easy to say for your personal, but if you're every trying to help friends/family with a build it's good to be able to get better estimates before jumping in.

Oh definitely. When co-workers or friends tell me they want a system as loud or that sounds as good as mine, I tell them "no you don't, speakers alone in my car are $1,500"

It's one thing to know how much you have spent in an estimated fashion. It's a whole different beast when you add up everything and realize you were way off.

Matt

True. I been buying and selling car audio for some years now and everybody remembers back when it was simple ( or so it seemed) when it comes friends and family I try not to get them over a total of 3k in watts that's when things get tricky. My personal build is what costs me the most because every car I ďrive has to be Loud my daily driver is 2 db300 12 on a6k powered by 2 xs d 2400 and 4 banks of headway im still building my suburban 4 taramps bass 15k and 8 18 inch skar zvx so far I have 2 alternators the big four and 6 banks of yinlong just collecting my wood and we'll start putting it together before summer them 4 more banks

True. I been buying and selling car audio for some years now and everybody remembers back when it was simple ( or so it seemed) when it comes friends and family I try not to get them over a total of 3k in watts that's when things get tricky. My personal build is what costs me the most because every car I ďrive has to be Loud my daily driver is 2 db300 12 on a6k powered by 2 xs d 2400 and 4 banks of headway im still building my suburban 4 taramps bass 15k and 8 18 inch skar zvx so far I have 2 alternators the big four and 6 banks of yinlong just collecting my wood and we'll start putting it together before summer them 4 more banks
I'll be interested to see how you feel those Headway cells stack up to the YingLong whenever you get this done.

I'll be interested to see how you feel those Headway cells stack up to the YingLong whenever you get this done.
Headways don't stand a chance in my opinion from what I have seen with my teammates I just don't want to use lithium on my new car I know the suburban can take it so I don't worry about the electrical in it

Headways don't stand a chance
That was my gut feeling on those just looking at specs and doing a little back and forth with my guy in China. PM me if you're looking for a reliable supplier of LTO cells, my guy is on the up and up and it sounds like you will be ordering enough to get MOQ to deal with him and freight shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...