Sundown Audio SIA-3500

Participant count
  • Participant list

needmowatts
Pro Seller

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
Does anyone have any issues with the Sundown Audio SIA-3500, Down4sound is gonna have them on sale during their tax time sale. I wanna grab some but worried because sfb's were so hit and miss with reliability

Sundown Audio SIA 3500

Attachments

• sundown audio sia 3500.jpg
    sundown audio sia 3500.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 43
This is a bit late but for what it's worth I've been thrashing one for the past few months on 2x SAv2 12s wired to 1ohm without a single issue. Initally the output seemed to be less than the sfb2k it replaced but that was purely due to the intelligent power management responding to bad voltage drops where the SFB would gladly go full tilt to dangerously low voltages. Now that I've got 2x AGM batteries (H7 and H9 duralast platnium) in the rear, the big 3 finished and a GM large body alternator (~160a at idle) it'll pull upwards of 250a on a clip before dropping it's output (voltage sags to ~12.2 during that). About my only complaint would be that having an amp drop it's own gain feels weird but Id rather that than to smell when I'm clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...