Blew a tweet replacements?

Certainly. One example is a 1" silk pair, CDT Audio TW-26, that I sold to a guy who is running them active in his 09 Sentra. John said "Angled bracket and tweeters ability to swivel within the bracket make for suiting any application needed. What a great design by CDT." The mids are TM65 mkII by Stereo Integrity. Crossover is at 2900 Hz.

I got a pair of these CDT and am pretty happy. They'll do until I can find someone with a spare SEAS Lotus to replace my broken one.

Certainly. One example is a 1" silk pair, CDT Audio TW-26, that I sold to a guy who is running them active in his 09 Sentra. John said "Angled bracket and tweeters ability to swivel within the bracket make for suiting any application needed. What a great design by CDT." The mids are TM65 mkII by Stereo Integrity. Crossover is at 2900 Hz.
Geeeez! 140$ just for tweeters! Those things must sound like angels singing!
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Geeeez! 140$ just for tweeters! Those things must sound like angels singing!
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
note even close lmfao.

The scanspeak relevator tweeters and illuminator midranges in the classifieds section of the forums is what sounds like angels singing. All else holds no candles to them.

note even close lmfao.
The scanspeak relevator tweeters and illuminator midranges in the classifieds section of the forums is what sounds like angels singing. All else holds no candles to them.
Oohhhh I'm sure papermakers prototypes will send all those tweeters/mids in the garbage.

I want some new tweeters but only because I want to move them to the sail area and mine have glue on the casing.

I'm not sure I still want to go all DD anymore so the AT28s are on the chopping block for replacements.

And mine are discontinued. Maybe go with the Hertz Mille since they have never let me down.

you dont but you do need to set up the crossovers in network mode before putting power to them lmao
Yeah that won't happen twice. I can't believe how easy these things were to install. Very user-friendly and I like how they swivel in the flush mount. Came out super clean in the dash

Yeah that won't happen twice. I can't believe how easy these things were to install. Very user-friendly and I like how they swivel in the flush mount. Came out super clean in the dash
Yeah I wish all tweeters came with mounting gear like that. Really helps your imaging when you can get them perfectly on axis.

Got it in network mode and playing yet?

Yeah I wish all tweeters came with mounting gear like that. Really helps your imaging when you can get them perfectly on axis.
Got it in network mode and playing yet?
In network still putting kick panels back in

Wow two sets for the price of one it's a BOGO sale lol ! They sent me two sets for 50.00 bucks nice lol ! Got them in without much reworking and they do sound great and much louder ! Just started playing with them !
da501d2a987dad8c16f471e15ce4696d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah The EQ curve I like for them usually is 5-8k a little bit lowered, 12.5k raised a good bit and have them on axis firing directly at you. They come with tweeter pods so you can install literally anywhere in your cabin. Use double sided tape and play with all the positioning.
I should set high pass at 5k and up ? I set at 3.15 on prs80 wired active and have level set -11

I should set high pass at 5k and up ? I set at 3.15 on prs80 wired active and have level set -11

you should play around with all points and slopes, these tweeters can play pretty low with an fs of 2800 and frequency response down to 1400, the lower you cross the less power handling the tweet has and high+ steeper slope = more power handling but dont let that be the 100% factor, pick the one that sounds best SQ wise in all honesty. Since you have two, you are only limited by how much power you have lol they can handle clean power easy. When you hear distortion is when you know you tapped out the amp. I bridged the PPI 900.4 to them and holy sh*t they screamed and remained clear and ate a good part of it without any tweeter break up. I was just too scared to go louder than what i was comfortable with with them being rated at 80 rms so i dont know the specific limit yet but threw well over 200 watts in gain settings per tweet.

I freakin love em so far out driving around now. What a big difference they make ! Great recommendation thanks !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.