Blew a tweet replacements?

[quote name='ChaseinBass']I am going too order a set now and since I have about half of what you do They should work out nice. And free shipping too ! got the last set I think. Sorry @My63bug lol ![/QUOTE]

I got one here in cali. So it should be here before sundays show

yeah with cdt you just keep dumping power hoping for something more output but just end up disappointed lol. Kinda hated how i got baited into that cdt hype a few years back when every other setup i've had sounded way better and costed a lot less and overall way louder as well thanks to the magic of the 80 prs. Too bad that magic just never worked with cdt no matter how many hours and configurations i put in for them.
I think i just blew that hex today trying to use the new amp and new head unit and being ignorant. How do i assure not to blow the new ones. Perhaps i should watch the 80prs dvd

Nice, Mine says be here fri but I think I got some fiberglass rework to do on A pillars before I can install.
Mine were mountted on the kick panels. Im thinkin putting them on the dash

6qXGN0P.jpg

Moving them around

I think i just blew that hex today trying to use the new amp and new head unit and being ignorant. How do i assure not to blow the new ones. Perhaps i should watch the 80prs dvd
work with low volume first and set crossovers first before you turn it up. What trumpet said is a good start.

Mine were mountted on the kick panels. Im thinkin putting them on the dash
Moving them around
yeah i would not recommend kick panels for tweeters. Sure you can aim them well but legs block all sense of sound quality... unless you skip leg day and have chicken legs.

Nice, Mine says be here fri but I think I got some fiberglass rework to do on A pillars before I can install.

The tweeter pods that come with the massive allow you to install wherever you want in the car and aim/angle them however you want as well. Very easy to do good imaging with the swivel feature on the pods. Might not have to do any re work.

The inline crossover that comes with them is 3khz at -12 db linkwitz riley. So that would be an okay point for you guys to test out.

In the massive ck series they use an -18 db slope instead so i'd play around with the crossovers and slopes first, time align then EQ and if necessary, play around with the crossovers again then EQ again.

work with low volume first and set crossovers first before you turn it up. What trumpet said is a good start.

yeah i would not recommend kick panels for tweeters. Sure you can aim them well but legs block all sense of sound quality... unless you skip leg day and have chicken legs.

The tweeter pods that come with the massive allow you to install wherever you want in the car and aim/angle them however you want as well. Very easy to do good imaging with the swivel feature on the pods. Might not have to do any re work.

The inline crossover that comes with them is 3khz at -12 db linkwitz riley. So that would be an okay point for you guys to test out.

In the massive ck series they use an -18 db slope instead so i'd play around with the crossovers and slopes first, time align then EQ and if necessary, play around with the crossovers again then EQ again.
What do u you suggest i set these switches to

Y9SsAR3.jpg

@Jeffdachef... You said at lower volumes sq quality...so at higher volumes would you say they break up, or just not quite sq

any other tweets you'd compare them to?
also which version do you have ,there appears to be a ver 2

[quote name='ronin1717']@Jeffdachef... You said at lower volumes sq quality...so at higher volumes would you say they break up, or just not quite sq

also which version do you have ,there appears to be a ver 2[/QUOTE]

There is no break up with a proper tune, its more like after a certain point its just loud and clean rather than detailed and articulate which is also the point where people start getting their insides hurt by the bass so there's no real SQ to be had when they are worried about timing their breathing or suffocate. I also have two tuning settings, one for SQ demos/daily and one for spl demos with different EQ, speaker level and crossover points so they handle more power.

As for as i know, there's no changes in the version in terms of audio performance, mainly just accessory stuff
I've compared it to CDT es 02, cdt drt 26, ampere dream series, alpine type R+type S, SB acoustics SB29RDCN-C000-4, JBL ms62c, jbl p660, hertz hsk xl tweeters, vifa xt 25,

Out of all of them this is the one I kept. SB acoustics and hertz came close but were slightly weaker in the 10khz to 20khz range and the performance didnt justify the cost. The others are a complete wipe out

[quote name='ronin1717']@Jeffdachef... You said at lower volumes sq quality...so at higher volumes would you say they break up, or just not quite sq

also which version do you have ,there appears to be a ver 2[/QUOTE]

so I guess I want to run this on network mode via the switch on the bottom of the 80prs

so I guess I want to run this on network mode via the switch on the bottom of the 80prs
you have to flip the switch and factory reset the head unit. I seriously thought you already were in network mode... Dude... Dont tell me you ditched the passive crossover and ran your tweets straight straight to the amp without going to network mode first....

you have to flip the switch and factory reset the head unit. I seriously thought you already were in network mode... Dude... Dont tell me you ditched the passive crossover and ran your tweets straight straight to the amp without going to network mode first....
TA DA!!!

I was unaware

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.