Settings for a equalizer

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I have an equalizer and was wanting to know what settings you guys what keep all the hertz at. I mostly listen to rap and hip hop and have tried messing with them myself but not doing to good of a job doing so
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
we can't really help you. all i can tell you is its generally a bad idea to boost. unless you js to have nearly enough power.

you just have to plot your frequecy response curve and make adjustments.

Usually I post on CAF, which is on it's last leg. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Any way you need to make sure the phase and intensity of the drivers is correct before equalizing.

How to go about tuning my system with P880PRS? - CarAudioForum.com

I reference "My Disc" for tuning, I believe Autosound 2000 also released that as "Disc 3" I'm pretty sure you can find one of them on the intrawebz.

Then proceed to equalize the system. If you don't do the phase and intensity alignment first, you'll be screwed when you try to EQ, because you can end up fighting a frequency response anomoly caused by phase and you'll find the EQ just won't work as expected if it's a phase issue.

That's tuning for a relatively flat response, however most people will find a flat response curve to be dull and boring. So once you got flat, you'll probably want to tweek up bass response and some of the highs (~2-3.5khz range). Don't get to agressive with bumping frequecies up as that can cause clipping - I try to limit it to no more than +3db.

EQ tutorial: --> EQ with RTA - CarAudioForum.com

Good luck with the EQ. Keep in mind with EQs often times less is more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.